Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Please Give A Recommendation

I'd say a toss up between old school Ruger Mark II (although mine is so old, it isn't called that....not even a Mark I...... it's OLD!! heirloom) and then I like the Walther P22. It's a lot of fun, too. Tell him to go to Bullet Trap up your way and check them out.

Mike

Not sure about the midrange price, but i got a kimber 22 conversion for my 1911 and it works great. Only drawback is because of my hammer spring i shoot mini mags for reliability. but a lighter spring(it needs it) would probably allow any ammo to run fine. That is if you have a 1911. Silly me. Doesn't everyone have one laying around.

Edited by toowide

Additonal data: During one of our .22LR league matches a couple of years ago (about 25 people) we polled the shooters as to which .22LR they were using... It was about 60% Ruger Mark II, the rest were mostly Buckmark. One of my shooting buddies was successfully using a conversion, but preferred the real thing.

• 1 month later...
Disassembly and reassembly of the Ruger is easy, provided you can read.

I can read... but I can't follow instructions. :D

My SO and I both have the new MKIII Hunters and love them. I have only disassembled mine once... it was a PITA, but I was successful.