Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pact Digital Precision Powder Scale

Does anyone know how to calibrate the Pact Digital Precision Powder Scale? I bought one today and get it home and find that the owners manual didn't make it in the box. Pact's web site has a link for manuals but it's not working. Cabella's (where I bought it) is 45min. away and I realy don't want to make another round trip today.

It comes with a 20gram and 50gram weight. You press the calibrate button and when it flashes "cal yn", press the Yes button.

It will say "0", press the calibrate button, it will say "Hold". Wait until it says "20" and add the 20gram weight, press calibrate and wait until "Hold" goes away. Repeat with the 50gram weight when it says "50", then add the 20gram weight to the 50gram weight when it says 70. After that it will say "0" again, remove both of the weights and press calibrate again, it should now exit with the calibration done and give you a 0.00 in the display after it settles.

Make sure to do the calibration without the pan. After calibrating add the pan and hit the Zero button to tare it out with the pan in place.

End of story.

It comes with a 20gram and 50gram weight. You press the calibrate button and when it flashes "cal yn", press the Yes button.

It will say "0", press the calibrate button, it will say "Hold". Wait until it says "20" and add the 20gram weight, press calibrate and wait until "Hold" goes away. Repeat with the 50gram weight when it says "50", then add the 20gram weight to the 50gram weight when it says 70. After that it will say "0" again, remove both of the weights and press calibrate again, it should now exit with the calibration done and give you a 0.00 in the display after it settles.

Make sure to do the calibration without the pan. After calibrating add the pan and hit the Zero button to tare it out with the pan in place.

End of story.

Thanks for the help. I also recieved a pm with the instructions. Thanks very much for your help. I just loaded fifty rounds and I love this scale.

I figured it would be a good idea to have the question answered on the general forum for the benefit of others in the future.

Just for general information, answering technical/technique questions via PM if the subject does not warrant privacy short circuits the "archive of useful information function" that really makes this a great place to browse/search.