Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is There A Nice Drop In Trigger For G17s?

steel1212

I got one of these black things today with a way longer trigger than my prestigious 1911s :D No I'm not a glock hater just picking as I got picked on majorly for shooting 1911s today at the glock match practise....they said I could shoot in the "other" class basically for trigger time.

Anyway, I've had 2 of these before and traded/sold them now I have another so I could shoot in the state GSSF match. Is there a trigger job I can do myself that would shorten the travel/pull? Thanks

Edited by steel1212

A trigger kit from WWW.TriggerKits.com and a Vanek trigger housing with takeup and overtravel screws is pretty slick. Not fine tuned 1911 slick , but pretty damn good .

If Charlie Vanek has his new drop in trigger kits ( they come with the housing ) , I'm sure one of those would be slick too.

Travis F.

A trigger kit from WWW.TriggerKits.com and a Vanek trigger housing with takeup and overtravel screws is pretty slick. Not fine tuned 1911 slick , but pretty damn good .

If Charlie Vanek has his new drop in trigger kits ( they come with the housing ) , I'm sure one of those would be slick too.

Travis F.

Those 2 sounds like the way to go. Would a glock newbie be able to install these parts. If they have good instructions I have basic tools. Also, with the takeup and overtravel screws how much of the travel can you take up, some, all?

punch 2 pins, 3 on some models, and everything comes out! I don't know anything else about the trigger kit screws or gadgets. I use stock Glock parts to stay as close to production as I can.

Edited by theknightoflight

Charlie Vanek now has a drop in kit available also, and does outstanding work. He'd be glad to answer any questions you may have, and I HIGHLY recommend his stuff. Give him a call or drop him an email for more details.

Ralph's trigger kit is indeed nice also, so you've got options. Check them out.

Mike

Ok before I do anything to this trigger, would modification of this sort make it GSSF illegal? I mean I shoot my 1911s in IPSC and IDPA so I just wanted another weekend of fun so the GSSF is the main reason I got this gun.

Travis F.

Those 2 sounds like the way to go. Would a glock newbie be able to install these parts. If they have good instructions I have basic tools. Also, with the takeup and overtravel screws how much of the travel can you take up, some, all?

The two kits I installed dropped in fine , take it apart and reassemble with the new parts.

No filing, grinding, or bending required . Stock parts remain intact for reinstallation or as spares for experiments.

Adjustment wise I was able to remove some of the pretravel and most of the overtravel.

Removing too much pretravel won't let the trigger safety move forward and engage.

Removing too much overtravel will cause the striker to hit the internal safety plunger , and give light strikes.

Both are just a matter of twisting allen screws.

Get one of those orange plates that replaces the stock one at the back of the slide , or grind an old one off a little to use while adjusting stuff , it's alot easier when you can see the parts and reach in and release the striker with a small screwdriver when you adjust a little too much.

Travis F.