Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz Sp-01 Mag Questions

trickpony

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone out there ever somehow pinned the 18 round SP01 mags to only hold 10 rounds? I'm trying to stay away from 2 sets of mags if there's an easy way to pin the 18 rounders.

Thanks,

Assuming your dealing with NJ law, just search for the 15 round Megars and buy the rubber base pads directly from CZ USA - these are as good as ofm and are legal in NJ - of course still have you buying a 2nd set, The ofm 10 rd mags are not as reliable as the Mecgars, do not but ProMag, although they tend to work in CZ, case of superior gun engineering overriding inferior mag engineering.

Thanks,

Jon

My 7 month and about 4000 rounds of SP-01 experience in California (Just outside Toronto <_< ) is that the OFM 10 rounders work flawlessly. I also have 5 MecGar 10 rounders for Cz and they have failed at least 2 times. Not a lot of data but the OFM mags so far are the winners. I have no experience with the higher cap mags.

Later,

Chuck

Canada, New Jersey, New York, add Australia and England - their collective idea of civil rights is "Let us, Let you, help yourself". Scary !

Mags - MecGar is the OFM mag manufacturer for more than 60 factories. You dont gain this status by building shitty mags. It always comes down to a balance of the mag spring strength and freshness versus the same for the recoil spring. Try to see if you can stay in your car by showing a NJ State Trooper a pinned mag, not likely, you'll be taking a small trip quite likely.

• 2 weeks later...

yes, all my 19 rounders are pinned to 10. The factory 10 rounders worked perfectly tho, while I was waiting for my normal caps to come in.

Take a peice of flat steel narrow enough to fit flat against back wall of mag. Cut to approx 1.85 inches. slip in, reassemble and check that 10.5 rounds will fit in mag. Adjust as necessary. clamp to mag, drill a hole in the part of mag that extends below grip through mag and block. next, you may need to remove some metal from the bottom of the block to allow the little peice of metal that locks the basepad on to sit in the right place. pop rivit and voila, a blocked 19 rounder. follower will not come out, but you can clean from top and bottom, use aluminum rivits, so it is easier to remove occassionally for a proper cleaning.