Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Differance Between Limited10 And Single Stack

steel1212

I was looking at the rules and was a little confused as to what the differance was. I have both a mil spec that I'm trying to get ready for IDPA CDP and a 1911 9mm that I shoot in ESP and was wondering which one to shoot and what class in USPSA. The only thing I can see is that limited 10 has a production limit and loaded to 10 rounds. Single stack has a 8 round limit for major and 10 round limit for minor.

I was looking at the rules and was a little confused as to what the differance was. I have both a mil spec that I'm trying to get ready for IDPA CDP and a 1911 9mm that I shoot in ESP and was wondering which one to shoot and what class in USPSA. The only thing I can see is that limited 10 has a production limit and loaded to 10 rounds. Single stack has a 8 round limit for major and 10 round limit for minor.

SS is basically a straight 1911 division. 5" max barrel, no long dust covers, no light rails, no bull barrels.

L10 is the same as Limited except for magazine capacity. Wide bodies are allowed, bull barrels are allowed, long dust cover's are allowed, 6" barrels are allowed.

The provisional USPSA Single Stack is effectively identical to CDP in IDPA speak. So with an 8 round mag in your .45 you would be "good to go". You also have the option to shoot the 9 mm if you'd rather shoot minor. It sounds like you have two guns ready for Single stack right now.

Add a ten round magazine to the .45 and you can shoot Limited 10 but the pistol you mentioned might not be very competitive in stock form since there are a lot of pretty fancy double stack 1911s in that Division.

but the pistol you mentioned might not be very competitive in stock form since there are a lot of pretty fancy double stack 1911s in that Division.

that myth has been dispelled many times in the past. A competent 1911 shooter who PRACTICES gives up nothing to someone shooting a widebody gun in L10....and a magwell on a 1911 makes things even easier yet. If you want to be competitive......practice reloads all the time!

depending on the height of your rear sights and how big your mag well/magazine base pads, fitting into the IPSC box as required by Single Stack might be an issue that does not exist in L10