Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sti Ss Mags

sandman_sy

Sorry to hassle you guys again,

Thing is, i'm ordering my Trojan (.40 caliber)... placed a lot of thought and a lot of thread in this decision. But when asked by the dealer... " How many mags do you want with your Trojan??"

I coudn't answer the question... I asked them if they can provide Tripp mags... but no, they only have STI mags. I know that there is a bit of trouble getting a .40 SS Mags here in the Philippines, and most gunshops here havn't heard of the Tripp SS mags(Note that i'm from the Philippines). :(

Here's my question:

1.)Are the STI Mags any good?? i hate to order 5 mags, and regret it :(

2.)How many mags do i need in the SS division?? i heard six is good. :)

3.)Under www.stiguns.com...STI PRODUCTS....MAGAZINES & ACCESSORIES....states

"TROJAN & RANGER II (9mm, .38 Super, .40, .45) $18.00 " is the .40 here a 10 rounder mag?? if not, wat is its full capacity??

Please reply guys, need these questions answered before i place the order :(

Edited by sandman_sy

The Tripp 10 round mag is to long to be SS division legal. MY Tripp 9 round .40 mags will not feed the first round when loaded to 9 rounds. When they are loaded to 8 rounds they are flawless. My gun has been reworked by Virgil and the mags were purchased at the same time my gun was in his shop so I would assume this is a common problem with the .40 mags when loaded to 9 rounds. YMMV :)

I have 5 tripp and 7 shooting stars(10mm). I have zero problem with both! Merlin is right about the tripp load 9 and it fails almost every time load 8 and its perfect! I like the tripp because you can take them appart and clean them fast!

Edited by MarkS_A18138