Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack

Tough decision. I too would like to shoot SS there.

There are a lot of SS guys in AZ.

But they may wait for Steve Horseman's match in Jan.

I will probably sign up for Limited.

We may be able to switch to SS at the match but AZ Stats Lady may have a comment or two about switching at match time. We might be able to change a couple weeks before the match when they have all the entries collated.

In the west Steve's match is awesome for SS. The dual championship in Moro is a close second. You did pretty well there as I remember. I think next year the Dual Championship is going to rock. M&S did a great job of putting in on, the support from the industry was excellent, and the weather was excellent.

I think 2007 is going to be a great year for the SS division.

I hadn't shot a single stack more then maybe once or twice in the 10 years prior to the Morro Bay match and had a blast shooting it. Might have done a little better if I had practiced reloading the skinny gun before the match. That's a little hole to stick a magazine into.

I agree that next year might be an interesting year to shoot single stack in, and have been thinking about switching over after the Nationals. But as I said, I don't want to do it if there is only going to be two or three of us. There doesn't seem to be much interest locally so I thought I would ask around here and see if there was anyone else thinking about it. Doesn't seem to be much interest, too bad.......

I'm Thinking about shooting SS BUT! I would like to see the stage designs before hand or know that they will be set knowing there will be SS at the match other wise shooting Limited BTW Been Supporting SS for the Last 7 months. ALSO: why do we have a SS NATIONALS and its only a PROVISIONAL divison. Just make it a division and start posting the classifiers and give me something for my money. Don't want an archive.

Robert,

If the stage diagrams are similar to years past there really will not be to much to discern until you see them set up in person. That being said it seemed to me (I shoot Open) that the stages from last year were not exactly SS friendly.

Craig

I would doubt that the stages at Area 2 will be Single Stack friendly but at least for me that's not an issue. Well as long as I don't need to start every stage with 10 magazines........

If the stage's are like last year's match you my need 10 mag's,I shot it in limited 10 and it was not friendly but it's the same for everybody,I am shooting it in SS this year ! LOL :wacko:

Robert,

If the stage diagrams are similar to years past there really will not be to much to discern until you see them set up in person. That being said it seemed to me (I shoot Open) that the stages from last year were not exactly SS friendly.

Craig

What would make a stage Single Stack Friendly???

I don't really have an opinion on singlestack friendly I am an open shooter. However it seemed that there were at least three stages that would force standing reloads at a port or position which doesn't seem friendly to me.

SS friendly means not just targets in groups of 4 or less but targets available from multiple shooting positions or angles.

The main idea is to not have to go to slide lock on reloads or do standing reloads.

The rule book states something about 9 shoots from a single shooting position.

Last year's match was not SS friendly-nor was it supposed to be as the Divsion was not started-I think Dave S shooting Production w/10 rounds was 22th, Angus 28th and the first L10 was around 88th.

This year may see a decrease in L10 and obviously an increase in SS.