Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Screwing The Last Stage....

sandman_sy

Crap, :huh:

Last weekend, we went to a shoot that's 2 hours away, had a blast, excellent performance on the 4 out of 5 stage. Then here comes the last course, 32 rounds, a long course. I kept telling myself that this is the last course, and its a long course... don't screw it up...(when i look back, probably wasn't a good idea... pressure and all.... :( )

*sigh* screwed it up big time, good scores but looooong time, jammed and wasn't "flowing" through the stage... but at least i wasn't DQed this time, heheheh :lol: (still counting my blessing) :P

the course was blazing hot... hottest course i've been to. phew.... :wacko: but we had probably arond 280+ shooters.. more or less... largest shoot ive ever seen ;)

Edited by sandman_sy

Crap, :huh:

Last weekend, we went to a shoot that's 2 hours away, had a blast, excellent performance on the 4 out of 5 stage. Then here comes the last course, 32 rounds, a long course. I kept telling myself that this is the last course, and its a long course... don't screw it up...(when i look back, probably wasn't a good idea...

Sure isn't. Back when I played golf, the surest way to do something bad is to say:

"Whatever you do, DON'T..... ( )

Snap hook it into the water, push it out of bounds, etc.

The best thing to do is not even consider any of the "screw up" possibilities, just visualize the one you want to do.

copied from:

http://www.tbpc.org/bubba.html

BUBBA TIP #1: Closing Out a Match

At any given Match, there are two REAL important stages. One is the first stage, this stage sets the tone and feel of the match for you. Remember, you are not going to win the match here, but you sure can lose it on this stage. Try to survive it with no major boo boo's. After this stage, the next most important stage is the last one. On this stage you can correct any good you have done throughout the match. This is the perfect place to firmly plant your nose in the dirt, totally destroying any chances you ever dreamed about. Review the photo - note the correct outward cant of the pistol. This Seagal style of shooting guarantees that the muzzle does not see what the sight sees. Any bullets thrown downrange at a target laying against the left side of the barricade with a no-shoot to the left of it will remain pristine. This statement does not apply to the no-shoot. With suitable practice and experience you will be able to ricochet the bullet or bullets off the barricade and firmly plant them in the "A" zone of the no-shoot. Resulting in massive amounts of penalty points.

That's all for now. Tune in next time for a description of how to throw large quantities of bullets at a "popper," missing it totally then asking for a calibration with a straight face.

Don't beat yourself up over a jam.

If you wouldn't have jammed, you probably wouldn't have done as good as you wanted, but it wouldn't have been an issue either :)

Good points is what it's all about. The flow will come!

Good shooting! ;)