Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Same Grain Bullet Different Brand Question

Gti18T

Can i use say 147 gr. bullets from any manufactuer as long as they are 147 gr. round nose and get the same recoil? I can't find many rainiers, but i can find winchester. I'm mainly looking for the same recoil i got out of the rainiers with the same power and amount of powder. Or do you think recoils will be different with different brands of the same grain bullet?

Anytime you change any ingredient in the recipe it will have some effect on the end product. Given the same weight and profile, there will be differences between lead,

moly,plated and jacketed bullets. You should be able to tune the load to the bullet with

minor changes in the powder charge, and end up with no discernible difference in

felt recoil. Back your charge weight off around 10% for a starting point when you

change any component!

Were the Rainiers plated? Try Berry's. If you are looking for a jacketed bullet,

Precision Delta is probably the best deal at this time.

As an example, when I switched from Brand M to Brand Z - same caliber and weight, I picked up a good chunk of fps. Heard the same thing from others, with one citing a 200 fps increase.