Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slugs Hanging In Benelli

napoleon

Got an M1. Had feed ramp modified to prevent pinching (Same as Bennie Hill treatment), reduced-weight bolt. when shell comes off of carrier and starts into chamber, it catches on the sharp edge of the barrel at about 2'o'clock and stops everything. Wondering if anyone else had similar experience with modified benelli and what's easiest fix? thought about taking dremel to edge and slightly polishing radius to keep it from digging into shells.???

Edited by napoleon

Got an M1. Had feed ramp modified to prevent pinching (Same as Bennie Hill treatment), reduced-weight bolt. when shell comes off of carrier and starts into chamber, it catches on the sharp edge of the barrel at about 2'o'clock and stops everything. Wondering if anyone else had similar experience with modified benelli and what's easiest fix? thought about taking dremel to edge and slightly polishing radius to keep it from digging into shells.???

Similar problem, and a similar solution. In my case, I could not shoot the low-buck walmart ammo. See the link at the top, [benelli_Throat] at freeidaho website

Hope this helps....

Ken Reed

Edited by freeidaho

Thanks for the help guys. Ken, your pic shows radius work on the area just below the sharp area of the barrel that is causing me problems.

Benny, you also say to do some radius work on the throat area. The place I am seeing hang-ups is just above the lug area that Ken's pic shows on his web site. The beveled edge that the shell extractor hits and rotates counterclockwise on is what's biting into my shells. Can I polish that sharp edge a little?

Replace lifter spring and do not over radius or you will have problems with cheap shells, brass will expand and cause extractor to fail to get adequate purchase on shell casing to remove it from the chamber,,been there done that

jc