Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Swc

Bird_Dog0347

Several cast bullet companies make SWCs for the 9mm. Meister, for example, at www.meisterbullets.com, has a .356 9mm 150 grain SWC. I think I used this one in my 38 Super a few years ago with good results.

The problem is reliable feeding with some guns, especially older ones. My Glock 21 will not feed, reliably, SWCs of any sort. Never tried 9s in my 17 however-maybe you'll have better luck.

Bob

Edited by straightshooter1

There used to be more SWCs available in 9mm, but the market didn't seem to care. The big problem is that you need a certain location out in front of the case for the bullet to hit the ramp and tip up for feeding. Getting that nose location on the bullet, and a shoulder correclty at the case mouth doesn't work out so nicely in the 9mm as it does in the .45.

You can use .358" in a 9mm. At the pressure of most lead-bullet reloads the gun won't notice a thing. What you will run into are other problems: The nose-shoulder relationship probably won't be very good for a 9mm. Most will be 158 grains, long for a 9mm and taking up lots of case room. And, if the case is tapered internally you may find the case bulging at the bullet base, and then it won't chamber.

Yeah, I think I have solved my own problem all together...

Instead of spending a little money on some 9mm SWC... I am spending a crapload of money on a STI... :D

Gonna keep the Glock, but I will not worry about it anymore. Thanks for all your responses.