Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 31rnd Mags To 170mm

TimWarner

anyone tried this?

I tried one idea and at 170mm I get 29 rounds easily. I'm going to make up a really thin steel basepad at work and see if I can maybe get 30.

If nothing else, a 30 dollar 29round mag(20-22 for mag +5 for new spring) isn't bad. It sure beats 15-20 bucks for a mag +45 for a 170mm basepad.

Edited by TimWarner

anyone tried this?

I tried one idea and at 170mm I get 29 rounds easily. I'm going to make up a really thin steel basepad at work and see if I can maybe get 30.

If nothing else, a 30 dollar 29round mag(20-22 for mag +5 for new spring) isn't bad. It sure beats 15-20 bucks for a mag +45 for a 170mm basepad.

Well, Kind of Johnnie of S&J custom made 2 for my wife's open 9mm Glock.

He uses + 5 base pads

Are you talking about chopping off some of the mag and trimming to make it 170mm. If so and you get this to work, can you please do a how-to/write up with good pics?

DVC,

Joe

All I do is take off the basepad, cut some off, drill holes through the basepad/mag wall and tap the holes. I used 4-40 bolts, 5 of them holds pretty solid. Then just trim the back of the basepad to fit flush with the rear of the mag.

We'll see how it goes after a few drops on cement.

All I do is take off the basepad, cut some off, drill holes through the basepad/mag wall and tap the holes. I used 4-40 bolts, 5 of them holds pretty solid. Then just trim the back of the basepad to fit flush with the rear of the mag.

We'll see how it goes after a few drops on cement.

Any up dates or pic?

I saw something like this for sale at the '99 LimNats in Vegas. I believe it was a .40 mag. As Tim noted, it just had a flat sheetmetal basepad that was folded up and screwed into the mag body.