Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 Magwells And "the Box"

bruce282

I'm currently using my Glock17 in SSP and in Production in that other game. I have a Springfield Mil-Spec 1911 that I want to use in CDP and SS. It appears both sets of rules allow a magwell to be added. I've searched and S&A seems to be the hot ticket. Is this something I can install my self, and will the gun still fit in the box(es) using this magwell?

Thanks,

Bruce

Sure, the S&A is a good choice. You can get it arched or flat. You can also get it for regular or thin grips. It's almost always drop in. I don't know if your Mil-Spec comes with the ILS in the mainspring housing or not, if it does you will want to get the internals for the S&A. No problem with it fitting in the box.

I'm currently using my Glock17 in SSP and in Production in that other game. I have a Springfield Mil-Spec 1911 that I want to use in CDP and SS. It appears both sets of rules allow a magwell to be added. I've searched and S&A seems to be the hot ticket. Is this something I can install my self, and will the gun still fit in the box(es) using this magwell?

Thanks,

Bruce

I have these on each of my SPRINGERS.Scroll down to S STACK MAGWELLS

http://www.sviguns.com/store/

they fit the box

pat

I've searched and S&A seems to be the hot ticket. Is this something I can install my self, and will the gun still fit in the box(es) using this magwell?

Yes it can be self installed. However in it's "left the factory condition" it is not the "HOT Ticket" it can be opened up significanly with some files making the well opening HUGE.

I think the SVI SS magwell is REALLY HUGE (I have 2 on both my SS guns, they were raffle prizes when SVI first came out with them 5 years ago) but the price (as well as the mainspring housing necessary to attach the magewl)l is over $ 160.00 retail. You can cut down a stock mainspring housing to mate the magwell to but it takes a bit of filing and lots of grinding but $123.00 for a magwell is NUTS.