Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tennessee Sectional

Waltermitty

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I count 6 revolvers with me, DA and Mini-DA. My app finally got in the mail this week. Is Matt Beck or William McFetridge on this board?

Looks like Hop is shooting Friday so he can watch the rest of us Sat/Sun. Does that make the minimums for the division to be recognized?

Anybody want to go see Elvis Saturday afternoon? I got to within 6-7 feet of him last time I was there.

;)

Still debating and checking finances/vacation time left. I see Matt Beck and Bill McFetridge in the unsquadded list. What squad would be the "good squad"?

They all look like the same schedule to me, so pick your lucky number. As soon as my entry makes the list I'll be happy to jump on a squad to get the Revo Super Squad started; unless the match organizers have someplace they want us to be.

I just don't want to get stuck behind a squad of Open shooters, they always take too long. :D

Well, my entry finally made it. So...I jumped on squad 9. AssUming the squad rotation would put Squad 5 on Stage 1 and so on, Squad 9 would start on Stage 5 which looked like a pretty straight-forward kind of Revo stage.

I'm ready for fun!

Walt....

Mac will likely hop on squad 9, I will tell Johnny Brister to get on 9 as well. I guess DA and Mini DA will also join you.............5 already in 1 squad.

Match is going to be HOT with even HOTTER shooting !!!!!!!

I promise I will give every single one of you credit for every shot you fire......GOOD or BAD. ;)

See you cats there.

SAM

Walt....

Mac will likely hop on squad 9, I will tell Johnny Brister to get on 9 as well. I guess DA and Mini DA will also join you.............5 already in 1 squad.

Match is going to be HOT with even HOTTER shooting !!!!!!!

I promise I will give every single one of you credit for every shot you fire......GOOD or BAD. ;)

See you cats there.

SAM

GREAT! Shooting with Johnny should be educational and humbling in the same deal. I predict Johnny will be our first 5 division GM!

I sent word to Steph and Mike Luttrell, they replied saying that a match in August should be a "doable" thing.

I hope they make it, and bring Firewalker with them.

SAM

Waltermitty........What about Bubber? Isn't he the bus driver? :P

Edited by hopalong

I saw Johnny Bristor at Old Fort this weekend. He said he'd be there if making a living didn't get in the way.

I don't recall asking Bubber, I'll see him this weekend if he doesn't see this first. Surely we can find a place for him to fly space available somewhere. :P

I got an e-mail from the Match director today..................

He said their are 90 shooters signed up............and only 6 revolvers!!! :angry:

I will be there shooting my 25-2 for the last match of the year (with a revo) and it matters not to me if any others come or not. I have tried for the last 3 years to get more participation up in Revolver shooting, looks like it has worked.................. sometimes! <_<

MS section was good, Summer blast was good and we had some others with good numbers. Nationals look like it well grow pretty good this year........which is only 3 weeks after the this match and would be a good tune up for it.

He asked me what has happend to all the revolver shooters?, That there was supposed to be some kind of REVO lution going on....................

I told him I did not know and would ask..............

So..............

The match director of the TN section wants to know...............

Where are you revolver shooters? and why have you not signed up for the match?

SAM

I got an e-mail from the Match director today..................

He said their are 90 shooters signed up............and only 6 revolvers!!! :angry:

I will be there shooting my 25-2 for the last match of the year (with a revo) and it matters not to me if any others come or not. I have tried for the last 3 years to get more participation up in Revolver shooting, looks like it has worked.................. sometimes! <_<

MS section was good, Summer blast was good and we had some others with good numbers. Nationals look like it well grow pretty good this year........which is only 3 weeks after the this match and would be a good tune up for it.

He asked me what has happend to all the revolver shooters?, That there was supposed to be some kind of REVO lution going on....................

I told him I did not know and would ask..............

So..............

The match director of the TN section wants to know...............

Where are you revolver shooters? and why have you not signed up for the match?

SAM

so does the range master. remember, it's revolver neutral! bring it on!

lynn

Edited by lynn jones

There's something even more wierd here.

Of the 97 shooters signed up for self-service sqadding, there are only 4 in L10.

I looked up last years match and there were 19 of 125.

Where are all the Lim 10 shooters?

Tls

What?... pass up a guarantee to finish in the top four? :D:D:D

I'll say this for you Sam, you're relentless.

Jerry Brown (who is a GM) in limited is one of the four L10 shooters.

This is one of those strange deals where the 2nd overall could have a 57% score. :blink:

Tony

OK, making the pitch to the wife tonight to let me go. If she says yes, registration will be in the mail in the morning. If you guys don't mind I will join you in Squad Nine (Revolver Super-Squad?). I look forward to getting some lessons. :D

Never been to this range before, is there a diagram on their website that shows where the parking and shooting areas are? Kind of hard to tell from the photo that Lynn posted.

OK, making the pitch to the wife tonight to let me go. If she says yes, registration will be in the mail in the morning. If you guys don't mind I will join you in Squad Nine (Revolver Super-Squad?). I look forward to getting some lessons. :D

Never been to this range before, is there a diagram on their website that shows where the parking and shooting areas are? Kind of hard to tell from the photo that Lynn posted.

Come on and join us! The more the merrier!

I'll let Lynn fill in the directions, it's getting to be a few years since I visited the range. Seems like the range is the first one on the right after entering the main gate (watch out for trains!!). Parking used to be pretty informal with the early birds getting the prime shady spots next to the range house on the right side of the road.

B)

OK,

ONLY 7 signed up so far!!!!!!

Talked to Johnny today, he said he's doing all he can to get there........I'd plan on him being there.

Haven't heard from the Luttrells lately, but since they have not jumped on yet.... :(

One thing about it though.....

8 is 1 shy of 300% improvement!!! :D (over last year)

There are 128 signed up, room for about 40 more..........If you're coming you'd better hurry...........Plus the USPSA Nationals are only 3 weeks after that.

See you there(hopefully)

SAM

Dan,

Sorry you couldn't make it. :( But man do I understand. <_<

El Conquistador has signed up, but is afraid to shoot with the other revolver shooters in the revolver squad...I did not see Luke Fay's name though.

Johnny said he is doing all he can do be there and I expect to see his smiling face.

I heard from the Luttrells, they are still trying to get arrangements made to make the trip. :)

Have not heard from Bubber though...........??????????

Airedale and Mrs. Airedale, and Zookeeper are not making the trip, too bad for them as it's goona be great.

9 wheelgunners if Johnny makes it........11 if the Luttrells make it........HMMMM.....Not bad for a measley ole sectional.......with 11 stages.

138 signed up, I think the limit is 160.........Better get them in.........soon.

And Cliff.......you thought I'd miss that! ;)

I'll Tell Rodney to get the gun cleaner......ah hmmmm Adult beverage!! :blink::wacko::lol::D:unsure:

SAM