Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wilson Adjustable Sight

BroncoGlenn

While cleaning my gun today I noticed the elevation screw missing from the Wilson rear adjustable sight. I really don't see how it could have launched as it has a detent holding it from turning.

Guess I'll be giving Wilson a call in the morning, maybe just the screw can be replaced. Oh well, I needed to call them anyway for a new magazine base pad.

The sight is still set in it's position it just has the slightest amount of play in it if pushed on. Most of my shooting today was playing with some new loads and shooting for groups. The sight seemed to still be stable from shot to shot as I was getting 6 shot cloverleaf groups @ 10 yards. Granted I have no idea if it dissapeared right after shooting the groups and while I was burning some play rounds. Or even if it broke yesterday. :(

Edited by BroncoGlenn

• 2 years later...

Just for the sake of historical data...was shooting my Limited gun today and wondering why everything was hitting off to the left...looked down and my windage screw was missing. I suspect once I get home and inspect that it is sheared in half. This Wilson rear had right about 7.5k on it.

My previous Wilson rear sight failure was on a different gun at 10k rounds: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...n+windage+screw