Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Donated Prize Table

michaels

Interesting note – we just had a level 1 match in Morro Bay, site of the upcoming IRC, this was a production/single stack match. I was tempted to shoot the match with a 627 in the production class, but I couldn’t find a holster that would work and I couldn’t imagine keeping my usual 8 speedloaders behind the center line, because of production rules. What made the match though was the prize table, about 10 guns were given away. One of the donated guns was from a local gunsmith, not only did he donate the gun, but it also included his action work on. Lots of people wanted that Glock 34, I heard some people say they’d prefer that gun over the high end Infinity prize gun. As I gazed over the prize table, the thought of winning that Glock 34 seemed like the best deal in town. Unfortunately, it was not my day for winning a gun, but some lucky soul got himself a tricked out G34.

Turns out it was our own list member Randy Lee who donated the gun and his talents to some lucky shooter. What a guy to donate something like that...

Now would you rather have a Randy Lee Glock or a big bag of Hearthco moons…. Hmmm, that would be a dilemma….

michaels

Wow, that's great--Randy is really showing us his commitment to our sport!

I tried Randy's Glock and 1911 trigger work on his table at the Steel Challenge a couple years ago, and I'm here to tell you it is top-notch stuff--if you're in need of that kind of work (not to mention the wizardry he performs on revolver actions), Randy's the guy you want to be working with.

Randy, thanks for coming through again. You're setting a fine example.

Thanks for the praise guys, but it is a collaborative effort. The base gun was supplied by Dave Sevigny and Glock. Irv Stone is supplying a Match/Target barrel for me to fit. The Match directors of the West Coast Dual Championship- Mike and Souzan Nelson are the ones to thank for orchestrating the event and arranging the prize table. I'm just the pit crew. I hope that the new owner will enjoy putting down a 1911 for a while and test driving sooped up tupperware. :D

On a side note totally unrelated to this or revolvers, I've been working on an XD-40 getting it ready to run in Production with 200 gr fmj's at 127 PF. We test fired it yesterday and it has less muzzle flip than my 627 at 120 PF! It is sooo wrong!

michaels, go for the moonclips!

Thanks for supporting the sports Randy!

Didn't know you do Glock stuff, too. What's your electronic trigger pull gage read when you put it on the tupperware after you've slicked it up?

Randy is a top notch guy!

I've been working on an XD-40 getting it ready to run in Production with 200 gr fmj's at 127 PF. We test fired it yesterday and it has less muzzle flip than my 627 at 120 PF! It is sooo wrong!

I heard that you do a super trigger on the XDs.