Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Kits For Sw40ve (s&w Glock Clone)

iweiny

First off I would like to say that I REALLY appreciate S&W for sponsoring USPSA and especially Lady's camp. :D

That said I tried shooting the gun Lorrie won at Lady's camp and OMG that is a heavy trigger. I don't think this would be a bad gun to shoot in production if I could get a trigger kit for it. I am wondering if 1) they make something specific for this gun or 2) perhaps the Glock kits will work. I guess S&W got sued because the gun is so similar to the Glocks. Indeed it looks really close.

I actually like the feel of the gun as I have short fingers and for a double action it really seems to fit but my finger had a real work out after 50 rds. Honestly I think it must be 10-15#'s of pull?!?! I suppose I should just toughen up hun? ;)

Anyway, here is the gun I am speaking of: SW40VE

Thanks,

Ira

Here's a quick quip I copied off another website, hope it helps:

++++FROM PACKING.ORG+++++

I have to say that the trigger pull on my Sigma .40 was a litter stiffer than I could stand. I did the "Glock" $.25 trigger job which helped a bit. I found a Wolf brand striker spring that made the biggest difference. The factory striker spring (NOT trigger pull) was rated at 4.75 lbs. The Wolf spring is rated at 3.5 lbs. This made a huge difference in the trigger pull. I have read that the factory trigger pull is around 11 to 12 lbs, but I never tested mine with a gauge. Just hazarding a guess, I'd say that the new trigger pull is around 6 to 6.5 lbs, about like my Glock's factory pull (5.5, I think).

Edited by cnemikeman

Short answer: If you want a decent trigger, sell the sigma and buy something else.

Long answer: My recent experience with a new generation (sw9ve) 9mm sigma:

The reduced power striker spring helps somewhat but not enough.

Dry firing it a few thousand times smooths the pull somewhat but still not enough.

IMO the sigma trigger is what drove S&W to actually have a decent trigger pull for the M&P.

There are many good features with the sigma, but the trigger pull ultimately was not acceptable and I was very happy to sell it. The big selling points for the sigma are the ergos and that it's priced $200 less than any glock, XD, M&P, Sig, etc. I sold mine then bought a glock and learned what slide bite really meant but at least the trigger pull was decent and actually adjustable. Sorry for the downer post, but IMO if you want a decent trigger pull, sell the sigma now before investing more time and money into it. For chest sized targets at less than 10 yards, it's fine. For precise shots at 20 yards, find something else especially for rapid fire shooting like production class. I wanted to like it, but I've never been so happy to sell a firearm in my life.

Edited by 1911user