Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Holster For Ipsc?

Grinch

Never shot IPSC and want to start. I got a glock 17 with heine rear sight and dawson front with a 3.5lbs trigger.

I would like to get a good holster and mag holders that I can angle them for the best angles.

Waht would be the best ones to look at??

I'm a left too and would like to find a good after market mag button making it larger too.

Thanks

Grinch

Edited by Grinch

Welcome aboard. To start out, about any good belt holster will do what you need. Uncle Mike's, Blade Tech, etc. seem to all work fine and won't break the bank. The biggest thing to be concerned about is the class you plan on shooting in. If you plan to shoot production you can't use a race type holster or an aftermarket mag release. The factory Glock extended mag release is legal. If you really want to use a race holster and aftermarket mag release youll have to shoot Limited minor. Production would probably be a better choice. Get yourself started and after shooting a few matches you'll have a better idea of what you want to do. Spend a couple days just reading all the good information on this board and you'll have a lot of your questions answered.

is this for IPSC or USPSA? the rules are very different....

Shooting IPSC with a G17 you must use factory parts and cannot have FO sights.

IPSC i use CR Belt, CR Mag Pouches and Ghost Holster.

USPSA i use CR Belt, CR Mag Pouches and Blade Tech DOH Holster

IPCS setup...3.5lb disconnector, extended mag release, and hienie sights.

USPSA setup, trigger job (2lbs), extended mag release, hienie sights, SS guide rob, and ismi recoil springs.

Edited by Musky Hunter

shoot production or limited minor.

When people are talking extended mag release, they mean the one made by glock for the G34,35,17, and 24.

Angled mags are bad for production. You will want them straight up so you can carry more. You are not allowed to position them past the front of your leg on your belt, and can only have 10 rounds in each at the sound of the buzzer. 4 mags is minimum I would recommend on your belt. I carry 6. You start leaning them, and you won't have the room needed.

Read the USPSA rule book. It will help a lot on understanding what set-up you can use in the different divisions.

FWIW, Blade-Tech DOH holster, and two or three of the cheap Blade-Tech double mag pouches is pretty much all you need right now. No matter what holster and mag pouches you decide getting, I would HIGHLY recommend a CR Speed Belt.