Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A New Place To Shoot Uspsa In Dallas

Dallas Action Pistol Shooters (formerly IDPA Dallas) has started hosting a Wednesday night USPSA match. It will be held every third Wednesday of the month at Elm Fork Shooting Range. Our first official USPSA match will be June 21. We plan on shooting 4 stages (time permitting) including a classifier. We have been hosting Wednesday night IDPA matches for years and are excited about branching out to USPSA. Our web site should be up and running next week. I'll post the link when we get it.

Thanks,

Darin

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to give a big round of applause to all parties involved in getting this match off the ground and having it run as smoothly as it did for the number of shooters that turned out. Kudos to everyone who helped out!

Mike

Outstanding Darin. It is always nice to see a growing interest.. You sure can see alot of IDPA in the shooters in the video. How was the reception to the change of pace from IDPA to USPSA? I only hope you all can schedule matches for the weekends sometime in the future so we can come on down and participate. Please let the folks that show interest know that we shoot at the OKC Gun Club on the first Saturday of the month. We usually set 6 or more stages and alot of run-n-gun type stuff. Sure would be nice to have you all up sometime. Also, Robert Porter in Wichita Falls is hosting his monthly match this weekend at the Double Tap Ranch. Usually high round counts and lotsa fun as well..

Good luck and keep it going..

Mike

Thanks to both of you for saying so. I'd say about a third or more of the shooters last night shot their first USPSA match. A good number of those people didn't have a whole lot of IDPA matches under their belt, either. One guy even wore a concealment garment , but took it off after I made fun of him. We had 43 shooters and got in 3 good stages.

We have a lot of our regular shooters that frequent the Double Tap matches. If you are a regular, you would probably recognize them. They are the ones that look like they are having more fun than everybody else and the group includes a girl that shoots an SV open gun that doesn't shoot like a girl. :P

Hopefully I can make it up to OKC sometime soon.

As far as the weekend matches go, we are seriously looking at holding a match on the fourth Sunday and will probably announce that soon.

Where is the video? Did Steve post some of his?

Thanks,

Darin

I clicked on the "more>" link in the news section on your site for the video. Fourth Sunday would be great except, isn't that when Robert runs his?

43 shooter?!!? That's huge. It took us a while but we are at 60 + for our monthly matches. We also are grace with quite a few GM's, Masters, and some really really good A shooters.

Take care Darin, Hopefully we'll see you soon..

Mike

I thought the area coordinator told us that was open. We will check to make sure we don't have a conflict.

I am not the web geek and hadn't been on our site today. I guess I better check it out.

Thanks,

DC

I thought the area coordinator told us that was open. We will check to make sure we don't have a conflict.

I am not the web geek and hadn't been on our site today. I guess I better check it out.

Thanks,

DC

DTR shoots fourth Saturday.

Looks like you are correct sir.. Sorry for the mislead.. We will have to make it down once it becomes official. I'll try to drag Calvin Rogers down there with me. Always nice to have a GM open shooter playing..

Mike

BTW, where did you get that avatar? That is hilarious!!! :D

Edited by mike_pinto