Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Varmint Pistol

Dan Sierpina

post-6348-1149129197_thumb.jpg Here's a varmint pistol that a friend had me put together. He had the barrel hanging around after having it replaced on his Master's gun. It's an XP-100, the barrel was contoured by Frank Glenn, the stock is a McMillan front grip, Len Brownell bolt handle, the brake is mine.

Oh....it's a .243 Winchester, 10 inch twist.

Any pictures from the top? Can you call that a pistol :) isn't it a bullpup rifle? :) Where do the sights go?

I'll post more photos. The scope is barrel mounted. It's an XP-100, a pistol. The barrel is 14" long. The stock was designed by Frank Glenn, it works well standing and prone. Mine has a barrel in .250 Savage, Ackley Improved, and 6.5mm Benchrest.

Years ago I saw 2 of those on a shelf, ready for test firing, built by Kenny Jarrett [jarrettrifles.com] for guys to shoot in the Masters. Might've been built on Rem 700 actions, not sure now. I remember he had the cleanest, most professional shop I've ever seen. Test targets for all his rifles were from 300 yards, usually into an inch.

One of the Masters guns had a tag that said "Doug K", the other one said "Rob L". Not many guys shoot the Masters so you can probably guess who. Beautiful [weird] guns.

Eric,

I know that Doug was shooting XP's done by Kenny Jarrett, and I'm not surprised that Robbie had one done also. I remember hearing something about Jarrett's shop closing. I think he was seriously injured in an auto accident. I can't swear to that...middle age is creeping in.