Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Front Sight Height W/ Sevigny Comp. Rear

JTew

I am using the Sevigny Comp. rear sight currenty with the .225 high Dawson FO sight. I am trying to go back to the black sight and make comparisons. The problem I am finding is that the Sevigny front sight is .215 high. It seems to print high for me unless it was meant for a 6 0'clock hold. I am looking for help in what size would make a POA on a Glock 17. Any experience or help would be appreciated. Jay

I use Sevigny rear sights, and have switched back and forth between the Dawson f/o and Sevigny front without any significant change in point of impact. I suggest you just use the Sevigny front that was designed to be used with the Sevigny rear. Cheers.

Dawson makes an all black .205 tall sight, or a file and some refinishing material (teflon Moly or gun-kote oven-cure?) on a higher sight.

(Good stuff on the link, Flex. That got saved in my book of tricks.)

Edited by SA Friday

I have both Heine and Sevigny sights on my Glocks. The front sight height on either set is .210. So the sights can be interchanged. The combo I like best for carry is the Sevigny plain black rear and a Heine front with tritium. I dont care for the white outlined tritium insert on the Sevigny carry sight. I also like that the Heine is serrated. On my Game Gun G17 I used to be a hard core Heine guy until trying the Sevigny comp sight set. These sights are really fast. Now I just gotta catch up.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. Since this post, I got a small case of Bells Palsy and have not been able to shoot. I will try to experiment more when better. Thanks again. Jay