Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help Selecting A Chrono...

I know there's a ton of info on this sight about chronographs, but I'm looking for one that will be used strictly indoors. The indoor lighting kit is a little different for each manufacture of chronograph. Can anyone offer any advice on which one is better? Or, if not better (since that's subjective), how about just durable? I just rec'd a Shooting Chrony Beta Master chrono, and while the chrono itself seems like it would work ok, the screens and lighting kit don't look like they'd last more than two trips to the range. Is anyone using this kit? I'm going to try and return it.

Can anyone offer any advice on which chronys have better indoor lighting kits?

Thanks,

-Cuz

The Shooting Chrony's indoor lights actually hold up pretty well. John's are 6 or 7 years old and I think we've replaced 1 bulb. I've had mine for 3 years and all still works. The CED setup is nice too. I don't have the lights but I do have the infared. It'll work indoors if I shield the sensors with black cardboard.

Thanks for the input. Are you saying the light fixture stays screwed to the plastic screen? Out of the box it looks like those tiny screws won't stay screwed into the side of the screens. A better design may have had the screws going in front to back instead of the sides.

The CED is a nice unit, but it's a bit more than I want to spend when you factor in the infra-red screens.

-Cuz.

Scout454,

The CED setup is nice too. I don't have the lights but I do have the infared. It'll work indoors if I shield the sensors with black cardboard.

I have the CED infra red setup also and its always a hit or miss (yes i have hit the arms more than once :P ). can you tell me where and how you use the black cardboard.

thanks