Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Caylor Comes Through Again!

Genghis

Mike Caylor of Caylor Custom Guns really helped me out this month. He fixed a couple of minor problems with my Open gun, tuned my mags, and replaced the cracked grip with one of his custom stippled grips. He got it to me in only a couple of weeks, and brought it with him to our Section match. The gun ran 100%.

I know Mike is a Master in both IDPA and USPSA and an instructor, so I asked him to coach me through the match. I've kind of leveled off in my improvement (C-Limited, now C-Open), and I know to get better I'm going to have to trim a little time off a lot of things I do. I've been consistently finishing around 52 - 53%. With Mike's help I finished at 70.77%. He pointed out a lot of things that I'll be working on in the coming weeks.

good to hear healy..ill be sending him my "hulled out" sv with a new barrel and comp for him to install on saturday. im also getting the slide lightened to bring the 175PF beast up to modern specs..and of course 9mm MAJOR

my grip probably has cracks all in it...and its one of those painted alfaro stipple jobs so its probably cracked under the paint..

+1 on Caylor Custom Guns. He's done some work for me (Glock and 1911) and it's absolutely top notch. I had the pleasure of meeting Mike at the 2006 Space City Challenge. He's someone you can talk to.. B)