Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holsters (beginner Question)

hidurango

i shoot a CZ75BD out of a fobus paddle and the 'trick' i've found most helpful is storing the pistol in the fobus holster with the gun seated at the point when the plastic that grips the trigger guard is spread the most. the plastic developes a 'memory' and doesn't grip nearly as hard after it's been shaped.

my CZ now drops fully into the holster without any help from me and draws with barely any resistance.

heating and cooling the plastic also help it develope memory (put it on a heating vent and turn on the furnace).

i have shot with a universal nylon belt holster, but i like where the fobus puts the pistol better.

frye

i shoot a CZ75BD out of a fobus paddle and the 'trick' i've found most helpful is storing the pistol in the fobus holster with the gun seated at the point when the plastic that grips the trigger guard is spread the most. the plastic developes a 'memory' and doesn't grip nearly as hard after it's been shaped.

my CZ now drops fully into the holster without any help from me and draws with barely any resistance.

heating and cooling the plastic also help it develope memory (put it on a heating vent and turn on the furnace).

i have shot with a universal nylon belt holster, but i like where the fobus puts the pistol better.

frye

Thanks everyone for all the advice.

off to practice.

• 2 weeks later...

I use both paddle & belt holster's depending what I'm doing. I recently bought a Blackhawk Serpa for my XD 45ACP Tactical. It come's with both a belt and a paddle attachmen't wich are easily changed with just 3 screw's. You can change the angle of the gun with the same 3 screw's. It has a positive lock that make's almost impossible for the gun to fall out or someone to grab it from your holster. I hope I don't sound like a advertisement, I just really like this carbon fiber holster. :ph34r: