Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Filing The Back Of A Control Lever So It Is More Flush

I shoot a HK USP and while riding the safety it can put my trigger fingure at an ackward cant causing me to push my shots (of course if I don't ride the safety I could engage it). I am going to get the ambi lever in June/July but I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on this or better yet some experience. My big concern is not taking to much off but more so finding a metal edge? So, file it or just suck it up?

Thanks,

Phil :unsure:

• 5 weeks later...
I shoot a HK USP and while riding the safety it can put my trigger fingure at an ackward cant causing me to push my shots (of course if I don't ride the safety I could engage it). I am going to get the ambi lever in June/July but I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on this or better yet some experience. My big concern is not taking to much off but more so finding a metal edge? So, file it or just suck it up?

Thanks,

Phil :unsure:

Phil,

I think your best bet here is to contact Bruce Gray at grayguns@aol.com. He is, I believe, the guru of working on the HK USP and competing with it. Unfortunately for HK he has moved on the Sig. I also used to ride my safety but have been transitioning to dropping my thumb past it(no decocker setting) and riding on my thumb joint. This has help me comfortwise and seems to improve my grip and trigger feel...

Racine