Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Temporary Lifetime Warranties

mscott

My tumbler died again (it had the motor replaced a bit over a year ago) so I called Midway to find out about getting it fixed. It is an older model with the Midway name and sold as having a lifetime warranty. Since they no longer stock parts for this model the lifetime warranty is no longer in effect!!! I don't expect a $50 item to last forever, but the latest motor probably only cleaned 10,000 cases or so and it was sold with a lifetime warranty. The lady on the phone was nice enough to recommend I buy a better model that might last longer. I was not real happy to say the least. I guess after the thread on tumblers I'll have to take her advice and get the big Dillon from Brian. Oh yea, I did promptly throw my Midway master catalog in the recycle bin.

I hear you. I bought a Chevy cavalier with an "unconditional" 3 year/36,000 mile BUMPER-TO-BUMPER warranty......

And the worthless Goodyear tires wore bald at 18,000 miles. Check on the internet revealed the goodyear Eagle SA's are not worth a crap, and everybody says the same.

Go back to the dealer to find out the tires are not covered under the "bumper to bumper"warranty.... stupid me, thinking the wheels were located somewhere between the bumpers?

Good old American quality..... ensuring that Toyota's expanding market share will accelerate at the expense of US-made cars.

If something has a lifetime warranty and the specific product is discontinued, the manufacturer should replace it with a current, comparable model. Even if they said that this is the last replacement you get, how could you be unhappy with that?

If something has a lifetime warranty and the specific product is discontinued, the manufacturer should replace it with a current, comparable model. Even if they said that this is the last replacement you get, how could you be unhappy with that?

I would be unhappy with that if the replacement I got broke. Then I'd expect the lifetime warranty to kick in and get it fixed or another replacement.

However, I wouldn't expect any warranty to cover consumables like tires. I might as well try to get Dillon to sell me a bunch of loaded 140mm STI magazines and then complain when the magazines end up empty. :D

I would be unhappy with that if the replacement I got broke.

Heck. I stand corrected.

I tried to buy a new motor, but they are not available. I also affered to take a different model as replacement and live with the 1 year warranty that came with it, but they couldn't do that either. Dillon it is.