Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unhappy People

al503

There are a lot of people who are just unhappy out there and they can't seem to keep the dark clouds to themselves.

I was a block away from home a couple of days ago and as I'm turning into my street, the person in front of me apparently thought I was tailgating her. I guess it depends on one's definition of what tailgating is but I was giving her about 3 car lengths and we weren't going more than 10-15 MPH. Regardless, she purposely hits her brakes and slows down to a stop (not to just flash the brake lights), looks at me in her rearview and throws up her hands. I follow her to her house (she lives about 5 houses down on my street and I knew she would recognize me) and 'ask' her why she is so agitated. She tells me that she was afraid that I was going to rear end her. I asked her if that was the case, why would she hit the brakes? (it's the attorney in me.)

She was struggling for an answer so I let her off the hook easier than I should have by telling her that if that was really the case, I apologize. Then I went home with a bad taste in my mouth because I knew that all of this was probably a result of something totally unrelated and if not, she needs to lighten up. I kinda felt sorry for her as I could tell she hasn't been happy in a very long time.