Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Icore Gun, What Possibilities Aside From 627?

RodeoClown

"As an example Jerry M used a 8 shot with a full underlug 6" barrel for the last few IRC matches that I attended."

Not to hijack the thread but since this was brought up;

Dave,

Where did Jerry get a barrel like that? It looks very much like my 586.

The only other time I have seen an 8 shot like that was one that Jason Pettit owned.

Thanks

Renny

If I remember correctly JM's full underlug 627 is a one-off gun (well maybe 2-off cuse he

has a backup) The first barrel was a 6.5 inch 6 shot 627 barrel that he slab sided and

ported, what he calls his "Black and Decker" gun. Probably the same deal for his other 627.

(Oh ?.... and I think I'm the wrong Dave you asked but since I knew the answer I thought

I'd post it)

thanks for all the input!

I've decided to buy an old style Miculek 627 8 shooter, the one with the full underlug barrel. But it seems hard to find those. Does anybody have one they might want to sell?

Sorry Rodeo clown, if you want a full underlug 627 you'll have to build one :(

I've never seen a full underlug 627 8-times cataloged but I could be wrong.

The "Miculek" model came out several years ago. It was (is?) a PC gun. ..It has a full underlug and a "faux compensator" assembly that allows you to shoot "open" if you like. I have two. The bend is that it has a hard to replace front sight. The dovetail fits some rifle front sight. I had to send off the sight to have it drilled for fiber optic.

I just checked the smith-wesson web site. The same gun is there and now called "the V-Comp".

Edited by underlug

The "Miculek" model came out several years ago. It was (is?) a PC gun. ..It has a full underlug and a "faux compensator" assembly that allows you to shoot "open" if you like. I have two. The bend is that it has a hard to replace front sight. The dovetail fits some rifle front sight. I had to send off the sight to have it drilled for fiber optic.

I just checked the smith-wesson web site. The same gun is there and now called "the V-Comp".

Ah yes, the "V-8" or "V-Comp"

little heavier than the std 5 inch PC gun. If that's the gun Rodeo Clown is looking for then

he should be able to find one on the auction sites.

IRC they came in a 5" barrel length, maybe even a 4" ?? (or was that the 45 ACP version?)

Ah yes, the "V-8" or "V-Comp"

little heavier than the std 5 inch PC gun. If that's the gun Rodeo Clown is looking for then

he should be able to find one on the auction sites.

IRC they came in a 5" barrel length, maybe even a 4" ?? (or was that the 45 ACP version?)

That was the .45. I do need to get out more, don't I?