Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Safariland Mag Pouch ?

liveround

I had this over on Stock Forum but no success :( so I'll try here, if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

Hi

I want to get some Safariland 773 mag pouches to fit CZ IPSC Standard 40 cal 16 round mags.

Safariland don't list any that fits. Does anyone know which ones fit ?

Is the 773 with the closed front better than the 771 open front ?

Your thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

lr

If the CZ IPSC standard is a "large frame" CZ, Safariland does not yet make 773 pouches for it.

Supposedly, they are tooling up to make the 773 pouches for the large frame CZ/EAA's, but it's probably going to be long enough until they're in production that I wouldn't wait for them. There are two workarounds however, and each will work fairly well.

a. The 771 pouch is available for the large frame CZ.

And although the 771's are taller in the front, they can be fairly easily ground down on a belt sander to the same shape/profile as the 773's. (That's what I did to my 771's before Safariland started making the 773s.)

b. You can buy the 773s for the small frame CZ/EAA's. (At the same link above.) BUT, since the large frame mags are a little longer, front to back, than the small frame mags, you will have to remove the 2 plastic rollers from the 2 tension screws, then the mags will fit the pouches. Then cover the screws with electrical tape so the screws don't scratch the mags.

I learned "option b" from a customer, who modified the 773s to fit his large frame EAA. He even order some more 773's knowing he was going to have to modify them.

If I was to pick, I'd go with "option a," but then I have a belt sander and I'm not afraid to use it. ;)

I'll post a pic of a ground down 771 in a minute...

be

771_ground.jpg