Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Changing Module. Sight In Needed?

basman

Anyone change the dot size when going from an indoor to outdoor match?

With bright sunshine and sunglasses my 6 MOA dot sure seems small outdoors.

Since i shoot an indoor match once a month and do most of my practice indoors I was wondering if I could switch back and forth without having to re-zero.

6 MOA Module for indoors and an 8 for outdoors, thoughts?

Anyone change the dot size when going from an indoor to outdoor match?

Sure seems like a lot of extra work :blink:

With bright sunshine and sunglasses my 6 MOA dot sure seems small outdoors.
Try a hat and clear lenses on Sunday. I can't see the dot very well with sunglasses on when I'm in the back pits at York. Too much shade.

Any time I touch a screw on the mounts or change the dot module, I check my zero.

6MOA for everything

C-More isn't real precise about where they cut the dot on the module. So, for anything precise, it's usually recommended that you check zero to be sure you're OK. You may find that the two modules that you've got are close enough that you can swap them back and forth with basically no change in zero.

I use a 6MOA dot. It does fine anywhere for me. I have a Limcat dot shield on the gun, which also helps...

I just put an 8 MOA dot on my C-more (Xre's old one, in fact) because I was having trouble picking up the 6 MOA dot. I'm brand new to open shooting, so that may change over time. Anyway, the 8 dot looked fine outside, but looked big inside. I briefly thought of the same possibility of changing modules, but when I checked zero the 8 was hitting about 4 inches low and left. I'll probably stick with the 8 for now, at least until I get more used to picking the dot up.