Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Timers

Mathew

Hello,

I've read the timer thread.

Can someone give a list of timers and price ranges? I'd love a $200 timer if they weren’t $200.

I'm going to use it at the range, but would like something that can help me dry fire practice as well.

Can you guys give examples of features that would make me want to pay 200 bucks?

Only if you also want to use it as a chronograph. If you reload, or, are considering reloading in the future you need a chronograph. If you do not already have a chronograph and need/will need one then buy the PACT and Skyscreens from Brian. If you have no need of a chronograph then buy the Club Timer III or the Pocket Pro for about $130.

Edited by AikiDale

Mat,

I just bought 2 new Pocket Pro timers fro a guy on another board. If you want his e-mail address PM me as he had 1 left @ $85.00 shiped. I too wanted a good timer but funds were a big issue. As for dry fire use I'm not sure These arn't the newest one Pocket Pro II. But as a training timer the price is hard to beat. :)

I have both a Pocket Pro and a CED8000. The Pocket Pro is very user friendly and will do everything needed for efficient practice, match use, and dryfire. I am very happy with mine.

I bought the CED8000 because it allows me to use earbuds for dryfire. I do my practice while my son and wife are sleeping. The loud buzzer on the Pocket Pro would sometimes keep one or both awake.

I did have the microprocessor on the CED8000 act flakey on me. I sent it back, and with CED's excellent customer service, it has worked perfectly ever since.

Honestly, if price is a big issue, I'd buy the Pocket Pro. it will do everything a shooter needs it to do. To quiet it down for dryfire, I'd probably just stick some masking tape over the buzzer speaker.

That has been my experience.

Ray