Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Capacity

Flyin40

Whats the most rounds you can get in a 40 cal 140mm STI tube??? Any basepad or components. This is for Open division so it can go over 140mm. Someone suggested using the Dawson basepad for Para and it will add more rounds than than the 11mm Grams basepad.

Would the Dawson Para basepad work fine with the Standard 140mm STI tube?? I have never messed with a Para so wasn't sure the base of the tube is the same as standard tube.

Thx

Flyin40

I have two Arredondo performance packs on my 38/9mm tubes. They're +4 in that caliber over a flat basepad w/ same follower - so I get 25 rounds. In .40, probably +3 if you use the basepad and a +1 follower?? Probably not a problem to get a working 22 or 23 round mag for .40-ish Open??

22 rounds with my 11mm pad and a 140 tube, 26 rounds in a 170. This is of coarse with tubes that are tuned and 100% reliable.

Beven,

I just sent you a 170mm tube to get tuned. For some reason I thought 21 was the max with your 11mm basepad. 22 is what I'm looking for. You'll be getting a couple more tubes before long.

Flyin40