Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Tap Screw Up #2

aclundwall

Stage 11 was two strings. Each string had six shots followed by a mandatory reload, and then six more shots. During my first string, I jammed a finger between the mag base and the mag-well. It hurt a lot, but I made it through OK.

But it rattled me, and when I finished the string, I did what I normally do at the end of a stage, I removed and pocketed my magazine. You can probably see where this is going.... Anyway, so I holster up, move my third magazine to the second carrier (see DT match screw up #1) and prepare to fire. It went like this.... Beep. Bang. CLICK. (I may have uttered an obscenity here... I don't recall)

Well, I grab a mag (still not the first one) and fire the next 5. Then, I grab another mag (the one all the way back in the third carrier) and finish up. No misses, no no-shoots, and because I (thankfully) remembered to reload between the array and finish strong-hand only, no penalties. So, even though it could have been much worse, it was still pretty embarrassing.

• 3 weeks later...

I died there! On the first reload the mag would not come out of the gun. On the second reload the mag would not stay in the gun. I got most of the points but it was nearly dark before I got through. Veeeeeerrrrry sloooooooooow. And of course they got it on video. <_<

David C

I had problems on this stage too. Shooting my second match in Open, I am still learning to find the dot. I had never practiced strong hand with the Open gun, so I absolutely could not find the dot. Finally I just put the glass on the target and started shooting. The two No-Shoots didn't appreciate it, but the targets did (I think five misses!) I did not zero the stage though - ended up with something like 2.48%.