Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dummy Gun

jacobjrl76

I work on Sea going barges for 3-4 weeks at at a time. I have gotten into IPSC shooting and want to practice while I am gone. I am not allowed to bring a weapon or ammunition to work, but I was wondering if there is a dummy gun out there similar to a XD that I can practice drawing and changing magazines. Any help/ideas will be greatly appreciated.

I might be able to. I know that BB guns are not allowed on our vessels. I would have to find out about air soft. Would I be able to practice changing out magazines with an air soft ?

I want to get in as much practice and realistic as possible.

I'm not sure you'll be able to find one as an XD but I know that Glock offers Brightly colored RED or BLUE training models that are solid molded one piece plastic.

They simulate weight and dimension of the real guns. You can see these at many gun shows being used by vendors selling rail accessories or holsters.

Try these links.

http://www.letargets.com/html/training.html

http://www.dry-fire.com/

Good Luck

I appreciate the help fellas, one more question. Can you insert magazines in the red and blue glocks ? I couldn't find out any info on the web page concerning that . Once again thanks fellas

The red guns are used mainly for weapons retention training. They are solid plastic, they mimic the weight the weight of the gun, and may be useful for drawing practice.

asp training

I appreciate the help fellas, one more question. Can you insert magazines in the red and blue glocks ? I couldn't find out any info on the web page concerning that . Once again thanks fellas

No mag reloads on a "red" gun. They are solid. But, they can be used for drawing. That's about as good as it's going to get unless you go to an air soft. Air Soft's are BB guns....

No mag reloads on a "red" gun. They are solid. But, they can be used for drawing. That's about as good as it's going to get unless you go to an air soft. Air Soft's are BB guns....

What about the blue gun? I have seen the blue magazines in a P.O.S.T class that I was taking but we were putting them into real Glocks. Thanks for the help as this is great info for people who have hours to kill but no access to real firearms.

JOe