Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hey Steve, consider this reply the "official" invite from a Cdn IPSC shooter to come shoot. :)

As you know, we have the 10rd per mag and the 106mm(4.125") barrel length limit. What gun will you be shooting?

I hope the 2 links below will be helpful.

http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/info_for-renseig...s/visitin_e.asp

http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/info_for-renseig...oticeform_e.asp

Edited by n2299

10 rnds for production in US? Perfect if you're coming up here! if you have 10 round mags I mean. You can use a race holster in Production too under IPSC rules. Hope to make it there myself this year, lots of friends are making the journey from here.

Thanks N299

4.125" or longer correct?

I would be shooting a tangfolio stock.

Do i have to have mags that will only hold 10 rounds or can i only load 10? my mags hold 18 if i load them up :)

I hadn't thought about the race holster though that'd be sweet.

we should have a forum get together or something!

Hey Steve, actually the "offical" line on barrel is longer then 105mm so that works out to about 4.125". The Tangfolio Stock is good to go. Unfortunately, you can only use 10 mags. We just got a Cdn distributor for Tangfolio, Freedom Ventures. You might want to get in touch with Sean regarding some mags for your stock. BTW Sean H is also the regional director for IPSC Canada.

A forum get together will be fun! :)

Nick

Edited by n2299

n2299, Talking to Freedom Ventures last weekend at a match that my club was holding....I asked him to bring a few Tanfoglio's so we could drool over them... :) he mention that he had to find a way to pin these to make them legal....meanning the one coming in Canada are the same mag's but they do have to blocked to 10 maximum in order to be legal.....just ask him how he does it...

he blocks the mags with a piece of aluminum and a rivet. I do not think that Americans that are coming to Canada have to rivet there mags. but I am not 100% sure yet I spoke to CFO Ontario ( the people that are in charge of gun laws in Ontario ) to find out if people from the united states coming to Ontario to shoot Canadian nationals can temporary block ther mags to 10 rounds. ( arredondo plug ). I have not heard back from them yet.

This is going to be a great match!

This club put on a superb Level 3 last year and it looks like this one will be even better.

If you're going to shoot a match in Canada this summer this should be the one.

See you there!

:D