Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cavalry Arms 3 Gun Match on September 22-24

Last year's match for those who missed it:

http://www.cavalryarms.com/3gun/vids/CAV3GMV.wmv

The website has been updated with all the info for the 2006 Match:

http://www.cavalryarms.com/3gun/3gun.html

Changes in the rules for this year:

Tactical Iron and Tactical Scope shooters may load 9 rounds in their shotguns to start. Shooters may load more shells once the course of fire has begun.

All stages will be “freestyle,” shooters will be able to engage the targets with firearms of their choosing with the following limitations:

Paper Targets: Rifle, Pistol, or shotgun slug

Steel Targets less than 100 yards away: Pistol and Shotgun Shot

Steel Targets greater than 100 yards away: Rifle, Pistol, and Shotgun Slug

Clays: Shotgun Shot

Paper targets only require one shotgun slug hit anywhere to neutralize.

Applications here:

http://www.cavalryarms.com/3gun/3gunapplication.html

Some sponsors are specifically donating prizes to Trooper Class, it will be worth your time to shoot.

We need ROs/Range Staff. They will shoot for free and be eligable for additional prizes.

There will be a 600-1000 yard sniper rifle side match on Sunday time permitting.

Edited by SinistralRifleman

Trijicon is already on board sponsoring the match with 2 1.25-4x Accupoints!

We have decided on the following further rule revisions for 2006

1.4.3 All long guns must have slings, some courses of fire require the use of a sling for transitioning.

1.5.4 The Cavalry Arms 3 Gun Match Allows for Hot Handguns during the course of fire. A shooter may transition either to engage targets approved for the type of firearm they wish to switch to, or because their long gun became inoperable and they are transitioning to sidearm. All slung long guns must have detachable magazines removed, tubes/internal feeding devices empty, and the chamber must be empty (safety does not need to be on). Failure to clear slung long guns will result in match DQ. The shooter is not responsible for the 180 with slung empty long guns, so long as the muzzle is pointed generally up or down. ROs will stop shooters who sling long guns without clearing them.

6.1.1 Any cardboard target, designated as a "shoot" target must meet one of the following conditions to be considered neutralized. The bullet hole must be inside of or break the edge of the perforation for the scoring zone to count.

Handgun and Intermediate Rifle Cartridges

1 Head Shot*

1 A Zone

2 Hits anywhere

Battle Rifle Cartridges ( .308, .30-06, 7.62x54R, 8mm Mauser )

1 Head Shot*

1 A or C Zone

2 Hits anywhere

Shotgun Slug

1 Hit anywhere

*Headhsot is defined as breaking the neck perforation or higher

6.1.3 Paper targets used in the match will be USPSA Targets. Targets to be engaged will have weapons or other visible features displayed so that the shooter will assess them as a threat (unless specifically noted otherwise in stage description).

6.1.4 “No Shoot” Targets will have no weapons displayed on them (unless specifically noted otherwise in stage description). Designated "No Shoot" targets that are hit will incur a 25 second penalty, regardless of the number of hits.

Read the full match rules here: http://www.cavalryarms.com/3gun/3gunrules.html

Edited by SinistralRifleman

This match has been great fun the last two years, and I'm very sorry that I'm going to miss out this time around. I wish I was stationed back in the World so I could come play!

Alex

Over here in Turkey, they will make whatever you want without regard for "intellectual property" or "copyrights".

Hello Kitty Backpack - check

Hello Kitty Tac Vest - check

Hello Kitty BDU - check

Hello Kitty Sling - check

:ph34r:

Alex

Over here in Turkey, they will make whatever you want without regard for "intellectual property" or "copyrights".

Hello Kitty Backpack - check

Hello Kitty Tac Vest - check

Hello Kitty BDU - check

Hello Kitty Sling - check

:ph34r:

Alex

w00t!

We were discussing this tonight...any interest in "Old School" as a class at our 3 gun match? All firearms and gear must be made prior to August 15th 1945 or replicas there of. Authentic clothing not required, but mag pouches etc would be.

That sounds entertaining! I'd want to shoot modern gear (too), but running a stage or two with one of my Garands, my 1897 Trench Gun, and my vintage 1911A1 would be great fun :)

Alex

• 5 weeks later...

So color me tickled. I finish the Flight Medic Course (hopefully) on September 15th. I'll be in Alabama and it can't be that much of a headache to get to Waco a week later. Looks like I'm "packin'" to Fort Rucker. Maybe anyways.

Going to have to do some major strategery now. :ph34r:

SPC (P) Richard A. White, Senior Medic

249th MP Detachment (EACF)

Camp Humphreys, ROK

We're planning on having 2 night stages this year, one dark house and one 100 yard rifle (lights may or may not help you on that one)

There will be one moving vehicle stage

More zombie head shot action

More weak hand only shooting, even using your shotgun if you want.

Return of the dreaded 300 yard 60 rounds in 2 minutes stage...the past 2 years this stage alone has changed the outcome of the match., so know your hold over at 300.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Awesome!

This is going to be one kick ass match. I can't wait.

Russel, are there any awards for the divisions? i.e. plaques or such?

Top 3 in each division get a trophy.

You'll get Team Army's applications very soon. We are looking forward to some Trooper Class action! Hope to see you in December.

BigHamp

Excellent! we're glad to have you guys come, and we'll be at your match in December too.

Is there and estimated round count yet?

300 Rifle, 300 Pistol, and 100 shotgun should get you through the match.

I cannot tell you exactly how many rounds are required because it will be up to you to decide what you use on the vast majority of the targets. Some people may shoot more shotgun than pistol, or more pistol than rifle...on a stage with steel, clays, and paper targets you could theoretically shoot it all with your shotgun (shot and slugs)

You will need at least 60 rifle rounds for the Long Range stage. There will be approximately 100 paper targets, 100 steel targets, and 100 or less clays.

• 2 weeks later...

The match is just over 2 months away. We only have 13 people signed up so far. At this point last year we had over twice as many signed up.

If we don't have 50 people signed up by the end of July, we will be cancelling the match and giving everyone their money back.

If we cancel this match, we may hold another at a different location/time that will be more appealing to more shooters.

By the way, you scheduled your match for the same weekend as the Texas State Limited. All the (Stateside) San Angelo folks are perennially conscripted...err...voluntold...err...working that match and can't make it to yours, no matter how much they would like to. That is somewhere between five and eight guys right there.

Alex