Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Explaining the Need for Force

Duane Thomas

What to do if you happen upon a peace rally by stupid, naive, hemp-shirt-wearing college idiots, to teach them why force is sometimes needed:

1) Approach dumb, rich, ignorant student talking about "peace" and arguing for "no retaliation."

2) Engage in brief conversation; ask if military force is appropriate.

3) When he says "No," ask, "Why not?"

4) Wait until he says something to the effect of, "Because that would just cause more innocent deaths and we should not cause more violence."

5) When he's in mid-sentence, punch him in the face as hard as you can.

6) When he gets back up to punch you, point out that it would be contrary to his values to strike you back as that would merely cause more violence.

7) Wait until he agrees with you and pledges not to retaliate.

8) Punch him in the face again, harder this time.

9) Repeat steps 5 through 8 until they understand that sometimes it is necessary to punch back.

(Edited by Duane Thomas at 1:31 pm on Jan. 24, 2003)

Force alone never solves anything.

Proper application of force solves a great many interpersonal problems...for when force is properly applied, your enemy is dead and there is no more problem.

Of course, being Air Farce, my concept of "force" involves my favorite air-dropped munition, the BLU-82...mmmm...15,000 pound bomb...12,400 NEW...heh heh....

Alex

Right on duane! Hey wakal got any spares? you never know when the open class rules may change. Or would those be ok for limited if you didnt use more than ten?                         Travis F.                    I have not forgotten, or forgiven, or will I ever...

Yeah, Wakal, killing the enemy sounds like something that would make sense to some people. A question rises. Why don't the people that are trying to find a reason to attack Iraq, try to attack Saudi Arabia? I mean, almost every terrorist that was involved in the WTC Bombing was a Saudi, plus the dictatorial regime in SA is ten times as bad as that in Iraq. Wouldn't that make sense?

I agree.  I've spent almost a year of my life in that...country...over the past decade.  Over two years, off and on, in that region over the same time frame.  I rather liked Kuwait, enjoyed Bahrain, Egypt was interesting, and was quite fond of Turkey...but Saudi was the most backwards hellhole I've ever been stationed in.  They are even more hypocritical, iconoclastic, and intolerant than the Japanese and the French, which is really working the hypocritical/intolerant issue.

And yes, the Saudis "provided" 15 of the 19 hijackers, and continue to support the homicide bombers in Israel.

Why do we keep supporting them?  Well, Iraq produces 2% of the world's oil.  Saudi is more like 20%.

But I'm just a grunt with a grunt's eye view of the world.

Alex

Thanks for the reply Wakal. Yeah, that's what I thought. In the end, it's all about money. I think that's why the rest of the world is so sick and tired of this whole Iraq thing. To me, it's so obvious that a war on Iraq is just good for US economy. If Bush had any intention of retaliating the WTC bombings, then why isn't Osama's head on a stake in the front yard of the White House? Why isn't he criticising Saudi Arabia? Why doesn't he tell the US citizens (and the rest of the Western world what "evidence" he has on the whole thing?

I saw a recent documentary on a German researcher, who did research on the Osama videos. Appears he doesn't even mention the WTC in his videos. CNN "translates" and puts the word WTC in the subtitles about 5 times. Kinda makes you wonder what to believe. Guess we'll never find out, though. We're all just puppets in the big game.