Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Finger

Joe D

I have developed a medical condition know as "trigger finger" in my right hand. Has anyone else had this problem? If so how was it treated? I am really not into surgery, but if I have to I will. My shooting has gone down the toilet.

I have noticed over the last 6 - 8 months that my grip is funky. I have gotten where I can't squeeze the grip correctly. My index is off when I draw and transition.

when we were tripped up with shooting shooting small targets off hand we would somtimes change to shooting left hand. and change the eye you sight with too. The information can scrambel your comfort zone and cause your stong hand to 'get well'. You will have to do it for at least two weeks.

Worked for some... call it scared strait, it was so hard to shoot the old way became better when we went back to it.

From what I was told, "Trigger Finger" is related to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Acupuncture and Chiropractic adjustments have controlled my Carpal Tunnel syndrome for some time. I have some trigger finger at times, but not serious.

See: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2565

It's all related.

Good luck

Trigger finger is a medical condition in which the tendon does not slide smoothly in the tendon sheath. Think of this like a rope being pulled back and forth inside a pipe.

It is usually caused by a swelling of the tendon (either inflammation or a cyst)

Best seen by a Rheumatologist

Treatment: inflammation (usual cause) placement by needle of both fast acting and slow acting steroid in the space between tendon and tendon sheath. Results usually seen in 7-10 days if not sooner.

Cyst: surg is generally only option

Carpal Tunnel is not like Trigger Finger.

My suggestion: get a referral and see a Rheumatologist ASAP.

I have done this procedure on many patients with excellent success.

Yours

Garry N