Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benny Hill 6" Fat Free

Brian Payne

Just got this in.

I called Benny and told him that I wanted a 6" .40 S&W that I could use for 3-gun and USPSA competitions. Also told him that I was new to competition guns and asked only that he made sure to put in a long straight trigger and a green fiber optic front sight. He was given the OK to do anything else to it that he wanted and thought I might need.

Received it in 12 weeks just like I was told.

Have only had time to shoot about 20 rounds through it. Awesome. The recoil with factory 165 and 180 grain bullets was like shooting a 9mm. I never benched it but was easily able to shoot 4" metal plates at 40 yards free hand. I am sure it will shoot much better than I am capable of putting to good use.

+100 for a great gun and a great guy to deal with. I could not be happier.

Will now attempt to post a few pictures. They are of very poor quality but will hopefully give you an idea.

post-5372-1142208499.jpg

post-5372-1142208535.jpg

post-5372-1142208566.jpg

Edited by Sgt

Sgt,

I shoot an STI 6" built by Neil Allen our SC here in Louisiana.

It's still a work in progress, with a bit of machine work left to do, but it's amazing what'll hit major in a 6" gun and the sight radius really helps when I actually use the sights.

I'll post phots as soon as I can get some up.

Sgt

I have one of those by Benny and they are sweet! I think your gun is a little better looking than mine...maybe Benny likes you better? :o

Mine will shoot the Winchester 180 grain jhp factory load so accurately that it is hard to believe I shot the groups. Uncanny accuracy. Now, if Winchester would just halve the price of that ammo I would be set :( Maybe I need to look for other factory fodder that shoots as well.

Bruce:

I have a Blade-Tech DOH holster. It is for the STI 6". Works great. As for the "looks" comment - Thank you. I like it also. Benny says he builds each one a little different. I have liked every one that I have been able to see a picture of. I was sold on the concept from the start. My first duty pistol was a 6" .357 revolver. Loved that gun, and have always wanted to go back to the 6" barrels.

TC38s:

As for price I would have to refer you to www.triangleshootingsports.com. Contact info. is on that web site. Give Benny a call for a price. Great guy to talk to and obviously knows his stuff. I think it is a bargain for what you get.

• 3 weeks later...

Slide weight: This I couldn't tell you. Benny has told me but I forgot.

I shot this last night in an indoor league. I hadn't had time to do much shooting of this gun until now. I had trouble with the recoil. I would shoot and be right back on target and the gun felt like it hadn't even cycled. I had to stop and take a look at the gun to make sure it had returned to battery. I honestly thought the gun had fired but that the slide hadn't moved. I was shooting factory American Eagle 165 grn.

Very smooth and flat shooting. Less recoil than my Glock 34 shooting factory 9mm ammo.