Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sps Mags .40 Cal 140mm - Thread Split

dirtypool40

It has always baffled me that no one has ever entered the mag building market for S_I guns. With only 2 manufactures there is surely room for competition and as far as I can find, there isn't a patent on their mag designs.

no cure with standard for me, they are a little shorter so you go to the Dawson pad and you've lost the length, and the mag becomes hard to lock in w/18. The SV pad may work but I have gone another route.....

PM Me for details...

RE: SPS MAGS and dealing with them through the website:

BUYER BEWARE. You will "have trouble" getting what is advertised, and there is NO CUSTOMER SERVICE DEALING OVERSEAS.

:( Guys I really appreciate your patience.

Right now things are at a standstill.

SPS is still selling misleading products on the internet to US customers when I am supposed to be their "exclusive US distributor" :rolleyes:, and making people mad because the stuff they are selling DOES NOT do what it is advertised to.

They never seemed to have enough to sell me any for inventory. Then they came to the FL Open with NO TUBES and didn't even show up for Sunday. I don't know what's going on, but it is the most "interesting" business management and ethics model I've ever seen. They'd rather make a quick $1 selling around me and making people mad, than making $1,000 working with me and being sure folks are happy.

Everyone who has tried to work with them in the past, tried to warn me.

I’ve spent the better part of a year trying to help them understand our rules and market and let's just say “I was not rewarded for my efforts”. <_< I haven't sold any mags or tubes and I'm about at the end of MY patience. When you are ready to write a check for 5 or $10k and they can't seem to deliver, things are unquestionably fishy.

Anyone interested in making them work and getting a 21 rounder feel free to PM me. I'll be happy to help you where I can, for free, but I will probably not have mags to sell.

Sorry. I tried. :rolleyes:

DP is CORRECT!!

I bought four 40s suppose to be 21 rounders. You can barely cram 20.

I emailed SPS weeks ago and they ADMIT they sent me the wrong mags, however; a friend of mine just got some yesterday and his too were wrong. Please! SPS made a mistake again?

SPS customer service answers ALL my emails but refuses to send me the correct mags.

I finally disputed the credit card charge and will send the mags back with a tracking number so SPS can not deny they were returned. My credit card company told me I would get a credit if I shipped them back with a tracking number.

SPS WOULD NOT EVEN issue an RMA or ship me a return shipping label. SPS business practices S_CKS as far as I am concerned.

If you want 19 round mags IMHO SPS mags are OK. I dropped one and the follower twisted in the mag. BUYER beware from SPS.

Guys, I think everyone gets the point, I've been warned to tone it down.

Overseas customer service is always going to be rough. I was hoping to solve these type of problems by getting stock in hand and only selling what I actually had and KNEW would work.

Let's keep this thread open, by keeping our comments under control. If this morphs into a bitch thread, they'll lock it.

I will try to help anyone who has mags with advice on how to get 21 and them running, pretty soon I'll probably be selling off my few personal mags that work with 21 as well.

Overseas customer service is always going to be rough. I was hoping to solve these type of problems by getting stock in hand and only selling what I actually had and KNEW would work.

Let's keep this thread open, by keeping our comments under control. If this morphs into a bitch thread, they'll lock it.

I will try to help anyone who has mags with advice on how to get 21 and them running, pretty soon I'll probably be selling off my few personal mags that work with 21 as well.

Agreed, I bitched to SPS. I was just trying to let fellow shooters know the problems I encountered with the mags.

DP40

I shoot my Benny Hill Fat Free mainly in 3-gun. I am looking to get an extra mag or two just as spares. I don't mind if they hold only 19 or 20 rounds. Will these mags work for this, and if so, how much do they go for. I have never really looked into the SPS as I already have four mags. Just looking for spares that work and cost less than what I would pay for tuned mags from elsewhere.

Agreed, I bitched to SPS. I was just trying to let fellow shooters know the problems I encountered with the mags.

And you have a point, I just don't want us closed.

SGT - pm sent.

I have to admit being a newbie and trying to work with a Para frame and not a S_I style frame put me at a disadvantage from the get go. I got my tubes and Grams pads/internals not thinking about 21 rounds and very happy with a manageable 20, easily reloadable 19. For under 100$. I was not looking for a whopping 20+ rounds as I am more worried about reloading the crappy para magwell that I am stuffing a bunch of rounds into the mag. I need mags that work. I purchased a Para .40 cal mag tube direct and put Dawson parts in it thinking it would run and it didn't even fit in the old a$$ frame I had. The SPS tubes fit and dropped right out(one self ejects with 2 round left in it, I have yet to see how that is bad :P). So I am not really concerned with fitting huge amounts of ammo into the gun. What is the price of having S_I tubes welded and recut for the Para? More than it is most likely for me to deal with the SPS people and have plenty of working 19rnd mags. If I can get working 20's out of this pain we are going through so be it. I have had pain and hardship during my whole Frankenpara experience and I am not phased one bit by it all. It has all been a learning experience and I have learned quite a bit.

Edited by theknightoflight