Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 3 Champs

pskys2

Applications are up on line on the Area 3 Website.

On Line Squadding starts April 1, 2006.

$125 by May 15, $50 for Juniors.

Who's coming with a Revolver?

I'm planning on being there on Sunday, hope to see a great turnout.

How about some ICORE guys, there were 26 in Tontitown. Mike, Stephanie, Lisa, Bubber, WalterMitty, Ken, Rick? Load up a couple of vehicles and cruise on up. Mill Creek likes Revo competitors.

Course if you want a little practice getting used to IPSC, come up to the Sunflower Classic in May.

Dave

Sam C. and I will definitely be there!

Not to be mercenary, but last year they gave away a gun prize (CZ is a fantastic sponsor of this match) for high overall in each division, and a gun for the winners of each division classification with at least three shooters in the class. If the prize table is equally rich this year, that should be a great motivation to get lots of roundgunners (at least three per class, M through D) at this match.

They also gave away a bunch of stuff via drawing, Sam won himself a Caspian 1911 frame which is being built into a longslide L-10 gun for him as we speak.

Even more important, it was a challenging and very fun match to shoot, and the same people are running it at the same range again this year. I'm signing Sammy and I up right away. I expect the match to fill up fairly quickly, given how well it was received last year!

• 4 weeks later...

Gonna have to wait a few weeks before I send in the Area 3 app. I just paid a small fortune in match fees this month already and I haven't even received my nationals slot yet. :wacko: Plus I'm still recuperating from the Florida Open trip. Damn credit cards.

Hopefully there's still be some openings on the revolver squad for Area 3 when I get my password.

I nominate you, Walt!! :)

Pick a Sunday squad and Sam and I will jump on there with ya.

DOH! I guess I missed the one-day format. Yikes, I made an assume it would be more like Area 4 with travel back home early Sunday.

I'll have to re-think my vacation and travel plans. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday's spots are filling up, I'm signed up for Squad 45, babysitting the Carmoney's, LOL! :D ! Unless they kick me out!

We have 3 spots open on that squad, for an all Revo Squad.

Keith you coming down for Sunday?

Ken S. you're signed up for Saturday, You and WalterMitty coming down then or, if you want to make the Awards, on Sunday? They try to get done early on Sunday and even with the awards we were out of there fairly early last year.

Cliff you coming up? It'll give you another chance to beat up on Mike?

Last year they had some good prizes for the top dogs and drawings for some pretty good stuff also.

Sunday's spots are filling up, I'm signed up for Squad 45, babysitting the Carmoney's, LOL! :D ! Unless they kick me out!

Ken S. you're signed up for Saturday, You and WalterMitty coming down then or, if you want to make the Awards, on Sunday? They try to get done early on Sunday and even with the awards we were out of there fairly early last year.

Last year they had some good prizes for the top dogs and drawings for some pretty good stuff also.

What time is fairly early?

I intend on shooting Sunday if there' still openings. I think I'm riding down with other shooters so I need to coordinate with them to see if they plan on shooting Sunday. Don't think they sent their registrations in yet. I just sent mine in. :rolleyes:

Edit to add:

That was fast. I just checked out the online squadding and they already have me listed on there. My password is probably waiting for me at home right now. Thanks Manny!

And I seem to remember the awards running a little longer last year due to the thunderstorm that came through during the ceremony. We ended up staying an extra night rather than do the 8 hour drive home. That's ok. We got some good BBQ in that night.

Edited by Keith

Let's see I left in the middle of the storm, never have any luck with drawings. I live 1 1/2 hours away, took 2 to get home that night. I was home by 8pm. I'd say we were done shooting by 4pm, awards started about 5:30 didn't they?

Is my memory right guys? Or have I just had another 'lucination?

Well, I moved over to shoot on Sunday. That'll put me home past bedtime, but maybe I can tough it out to shoot with the cool kids. :P

Some squads are 6 folks and some are twelve. What's the difference?

OK, there are six wheels signed up for A3 so far. Guys, this is a match you do want to shoot. Same place and same people as last year, and it was really good last year. And the prize table was BY FAR the best I have ever seen at an IPSC match, anywhere. Pretty much everybody won a decent prize of some sort. Two guns were awarded last year in revolver division!

There is still a spot left on the revolver squad with me and Sam, Keith, Waltermitty, and pskys2! Who wants it??

OK, there are six wheels signed up for A3 so far. Guys, this is a match you do want to shoot. Same place and same people as last year, and it was really good last year. And the prize table was BY FAR the best I have ever seen at an IPSC match, anywhere. Pretty much everybody won a decent prize of some sort. Two guns were awarded last year in revolver division!

There is still a spot left on the revolver squad with me and Sam, Keith, Waltermitty, and pskys2! Who wants it??

There's one other REVO signed up that hasn't squadded. Someone named Leslie Neilson. Is that somebody here?

There's one other REVO signed up that hasn't squadded. Someone named Leslie Neilson. Is that somebody here?

Les shot A3 last year. He's a good revo shooter, I think from Nebraska, we bump into him now and then. I don't know him well, but he always seems like a pleasant, low-key sort of guy. I don't think he posts here on the forum, but there are lots of lurkers!

So Les, if you're lurking, it would be great to have you jump on the Sunday revo squad with us!

Les shot A3 last year. He's a good revo shooter, I think from Nebraska, we bump into him now and then. I don't know him well, but he always seems like a pleasant, low-key sort of guy. I don't think he posts here on the forum, but there are lots of lurkers!

So Les, if you're lurking, it would be great to have you jump on the Sunday revo squad with us!

When I saw his name I was overcome with "Frank Drebin" comments. Police Squad! was the funniest series in television history.

In looking at the entries to all of the Area Champs I've noticed the most has only 8 or 9 Revo's. The Area 3 only has 6 at this time. Hopefully we'll get more, last year we had 9!

Yet some of the "Other" matches are pushing 20. Like Summer Blast, Mississippi Classic and we even have 11 at the Kansas Sectional.

Could it be a self fulfilling prophecy where the prize table is so short, nobody wants to shoot, so the prize table stays short, so nobody will shoot? I know if I had a Limited Gun I'd be tempted to shoot it at the Area 3.

Is IPSC seen as too hard for Revo's? I don't believe it is.

Is it just seen as more fun with an Auto? I've done it for many years with both and I see no difference in "FUN"!

With the increase seen in some matches, would it be worth the future benefit for USPSA to encourage a few better prizes in the Revolver Division? Say dedicate any Revolver oriented prize be given out only to that division.

I wouldn't "slow down" a course/match for anything.

I don't think anything can be done about the "Fun" Factor.

Any Ideas?

Edited by pskys2

In looking at the entries to all of the Area Champs I've noticed the most has only 8 or 9 Revo's. The Area 3 only has 6 at this time. Hopefully we'll get more, last year we had 9!

Yet some of the "Other" matches are pushing 20. Like Summer Blast, Mississippi Classic and we even have 11 at the Kansas Sectional.

Could it be a self fulfilling prophecy where the prize table is so short, nobody wants to shoot, so the prize table stays short, so nobody will shoot? I know if I had a Limited Gun I'd be tempted to shoot it at the Area 3.

Is IPSC seen as too hard for Revo's? I don't believe it is.

Is it just seen as more fun with an Auto?

With the increase seen in some matches, would it be worth the future benefit for USPSA to encourage a few better prizes in the Revolver Division? Say dedicate any Revolver oriented prize be given out only to that division.

I wouldn't "slow down" a course/match for anything.

I don't think anything can be done about the "Fun" Factor.

Any Ideas?

I think the prize table could be a motivator for some folks. It obviously doesn't make any difference to me. <_<

The sponsorship has apparently been a big issue in other divisions with folks like STI, SV, Glock, S&W, etc making pretty big shows in various venues by making investments in shooting programs.

I think that if Ruger, Taurus, Dan Wesson or somebody else wanted to, they could come and take the division away from S&W and pull quite a few guns through the market. If a manufacturer made sure the top three finishers in each class at Area matches and up went home with something worthwhile (a gun, a race part, their match fee, or sponsorship at Nationals) inside of three years you could see a 300 shooter revolver Nationals.

And wouldn't a race-ready, race-proven Dan Wesson be a sweet piece of hardware? B)

Any slots left on the revolver squad? Since the stepdaughter and son-in-law have moved to Ft Leavenworth, I'm thinking this would be a good one to attend - she gets to spend time with the daughter and grandson and I get to shoot.

Jerry

Sorry, we had a Limited guy jump in. Though maybe Carmoney can work on him to shoot a round gun. Think he's doing so at the Sunflower? How about it?

COF you'll have to start another Revo Squad, so far we only have 6 Revolver Competitors.

http://www.uspsa.org/squadding/

The Courses are posted now also.

http://www.millcreekpsl.org/Area_3/area3_stages.html

Come on guys last year the High Division, High Class (w/3+) all got a Gun or Frame. Where's the last USPSA Match where !2! Gun/Frames were given out in Revolver Division? And we only had 9 Revolver Competitors!

Hope Doug won't get lost in our little Konga Line. He'll be going backwards all day!