Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

O.k. It's Reload Time

Bigbadaboom

In the first video I reload like I dry-fire and if you listen closely you can hear my hammer fall on an "A" zone hit right before I break grip going into my reload. The second one is without pulling off the shot.

With shot

Without shot

This is one with the dry-fire shot while trying to keep the gun up higher.

Reload-up

Edited by Bigbadaboom

Reload looks pretty good. Only thing I would really recommend is getting the gun higher. Put the magwell in line with your eye. Helps you see the reload better and it is very consistent. Also after ejecting the mag, moving the gun in the opposite direction tends to get the mag out of the gun a bit quicker.

Now it works. The reload looks really good to me, but conventional wisdom is to keep the gun higher, right in front of your face. Those reloads, in combination with your turning draw, would leave you plenty of trigger time on a sub five second El Pres. :)

I noticed your grip on the mag, was a little off. your index finger should ride in line with the front spine of the mag. As if you were to insert your finger into the gun.

I don't use my index finger to guide my mags in, I never have. I use my thumb. I know that top shooters say to "Point" the mag into the magwell with your index finger but it never felt natural for me and I never could get used to it so I started "Pointing" the mag in using my thumb along the left side of the magazine.