Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Muzzle / Front Sight Dips In Battery

D_4_Ever

Daniel - I think the point that's trying to be made is that when we approach shooting with the mindset of seeing the sights on the target as quickly as possible, our bodies get them there for us. If you were to practice more with a different spring rate, you'd eventually find that you'd be "timing" the new setup, and the sights would magically start returning to point of aim without you consciously doing anything....

Both sides of the coin are true - the shooter will get used to the timing of the gun, and do just the right amount of work to bring the gun back on target in the shortest period of time possible, and setting the gun up properly in the right range of spring weights will reduce the amount of work the shooter has to do to accomplish this goal. Screw with either one, and the recipe is ruined... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks XRE for clarifing what I'm trying to get accross. If the sights were aligned and on target when the slide was just hitting forward some of the spring changing would mean more. I see the slide already forward on most (limited) guns before the muzzle is even close to being level. With the muzzle elevated what is a heavy spring going to cause, a dip down? I dont think so. If you get way out of sync with spring rate you can get into this but I think its a matter of a new rythmn that you may or may think helps. I still say if you have proper technique the muzzle is'nt going down unless you help it. Watch the good guys shoot their muzzles never dip down, it aint cause they have light springs although they may, its technique.