Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock Or Titanium Striker.

jros3e

Dear John.

I tried use Ti striker to my G17 Caspian slide and to my G34 stock slide and i have the same problem.The striker doesn't move up and down free.It sticks very hard. :blink:

Please let me know why.With the stock striker i haven't the same problem.

Thanks.

What exactly does it do: allow less striker spring force to be used?

IIRC, a lighter striker means more velocity when the striker is released (assuming the same springing), means shorter lock time, means potentially more accuracy because the gun has less time to move off the supposedly perfect sight picture you had when the shot began to break.

Or so the theory goes. The way I shoot, it hardly matters. ;)

Dear John.

I tried use Ti striker to my G17 Caspian slide and to my G34 stock slide and i have the same problem.The striker doesn't move up and down free.It sticks very hard. :blink:

Please let me know why.With the stock striker i haven't the same problem.

Thanks.

I would suspect a out of spec caspian slide at first but you said same problem in stock slide. I would send the Ti striker back for a replacement.

As with any part made and inspected by human hand the ocasional bad part gets out there. The only time I have had any issue with the striker has been with slides that are cut wrong.Mainly Caspian

Are you using a Ti plunger?? Is the plunger stiff or is the striker.

One test on strikers is to assy the striker with out the spring ,cups and plunger .

if the striker moves free add the spring and cups . If there is stifness then check the cups to see if they are together on the striker . if not look at the spring opening and close up untill the cups are together with no gap.once you have that moving free in the slide add the exstractor and plunger.

with assy in place push the plunger downn and work the striker back and forth it should be free to move with out much resistance.

I am assuming you have good chanle liners.

I would suspect a out of spec caspian slide at first but you said same problem in stock slide. I would send the Ti striker back for a replacement.

As with any part made and inspected by human hand the ocasional bad part gets out there. The only time I have had any issue with the striker has been with slides that are cut wrong.Mainly Caspian

Are you using a Ti plunger?? Is the plunger stiff or is the striker.

One test on strikers is to assy the striker with out the spring ,cups and plunger .

if the striker moves free add the spring and cups . If there is stifness then check the cups to see if they are together on the striker . if not look at the spring opening and close up untill the cups are together with no gap.once you have that moving free in the slide add the exstractor and plunger.

with assy in place push the plunger downn and work the striker back and forth it should be free to move with out much resistance.

I am assuming you have good chanle liners.

Thanks for advice John.

I use again the Ti striker and look very carefuly your insructions and the skriker

works fine! ;)

Yes i am using and Ti plunger.

Thanks again.