Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullseye Load For Berry's Hbrn

Bob McGee

I would like to come up with a load that would give me a 135pf with bullseye ( because I have a supply of Bullseye that I need to shoot up ). I have loaded 150 rds of that bullet with 5grs and it feels all right,but sinse I don't have a crony I really don't know where I am PF wise. Also how heavy can you go on the crimp ( Dillon tapper crimp die ) without deforming or compressing the soft swedged core of this bullet, to the point that it causes a problem.

I would like to come up with a load that would give me a 135pf with bullseye ( because I have a supply of Bullseye that I need to shoot up ). I have loaded 150 rds of that bullet with 5grs and it feels all right,but sinse I don't have a crony I really don't know where I am PF wise. Also how heavy can you go on the crimp ( Dillon tapper crimp die ) without deforming or compressing the soft swedged core of this bullet, to the point that it causes a problem.

Sorry that would be a .45 acp load, you guys have to learn to read minds.

In 45ACP a load I have found is 4.0gr with a 200gr Lead Semi Wadcutter loaded 1.190" gives 790 fps (158pf) way more than the 135pf you were seeking. Anything less and there is usually trouble getting it to feed and function properly.

Use the minimum amount of crimp you need to hold the projectile in place. Anything heavy will definetley damage the projectile and give poor accuracy.

Repeat after me ten times.

I NEED a chronograph.

• 4 weeks later...
In 45ACP a load I have found is 4.0gr with a 200gr Lead Semi Wadcutter loaded 1.190" gives 790 fps (158pf) way more than the 135pf you were seeking. Anything less and there is usually trouble getting it to feed and function properly.

Use the minimum amount of crimp you need to hold the projectile in place. Anything heavy will definetley damage the projectile and give poor accuracy.

Repeat after me ten times.

I NEED a chronograph.

790fps with the Berry 185HBRN would be a pf of 146 except plated is normally slower than lead so your velocity can be anything based on your gun.

Repeat I NEED a chronograph until you get one.