Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Pouch Question

TimWarner

I'm using a CR speed belt, and speedcomp pouches.

The pouches seem to hold the mag really far away from my body.

I am pretty skinny, (31-32" waist) so there's no overhang on the belt. The belt alone adds almost 3/4", add on my pants and a little gap and by the time the mag pouch is attached to my belt it's almost 2" from my torso.

My question is, does the measurement go from my actual body, or from the inside/outside of my belt, or what?

I know other people use these pouches, so they SHOULD be legal, I just can't find anything in the rulebook as to how the measurement is taken.

any help is most appreciated

Thanks.

I'm using a CR speed belt, and speedcomp pouches.

The pouches seem to hold the mag really far away from my body.

I am pretty skinny, (31-32" waist) so there's no overhang on the belt. The belt alone adds almost 3/4", add on my pants and a little gap and by the time the mag pouch is attached to my belt it's almost 2" from my torso.

My question is, does the measurement go from my actual body, or from the inside/outside of my belt, or what?

I know other people use these pouches, so they SHOULD be legal, I just can't find anything in the rulebook as to how the measurement is taken.

any help is most appreciated

Thanks.

The rules say it's measured from your torso.

Eat more taters. :)

Edited by ima45dv8

I just noticed it was "torso".

I was measuring from the top side, if I measure to the closest point on the mag I should be legal.

Worst case I think I can lift the belt up more off my hips and tighten it down, that should pull the mags in a little closer. Or I can move the mags from the front to the side/back and my butt will save me some space.

Actually, since "torso" is a rather vague, and/or er, "broad" description (for some) :) , we usually measure from either just above or on the belt. It's a consistent point of reference for all. 50mm is about 5 mm less than the width of an overlay--the one I just measured came to 55 mm.

Troy

John was well aware of this, and took it into great consideration when designing these pouches. By his own admission, the only way they could be illegal is if you are an exceptionally thin person with very wide hips. If I recall, he measures 50mm from the middle of the magazine as it sits in the holder. If you wanted to shoot him a PM or email I am sure he could give you a better understanding than I have.