BigDave

6" Kart .355 barrel

Zero 115 JHP (.355)

4.9 gr N320

1.250" OAL

WSP

Winchester 38 Super +P brass

Avg 1200 fps

Very, very soft shooting. I'm backing off to 4.8 and see what that does.

edited to specify 38 Super - sorry I was a 40 S&W only man until two weeks ago!!!

Edited by BigDave

Let's slow it down a bit (and shrink the groups while we're at it)...

4.8 gr N320 - ~1175 fps

~1168 fps w/ Nosler 115 JHP :wub:

The 9 of first 10 shots out of the gun today, off-hand at 25 yds landed in the bottom 1/2 of the X-ring, with a flyer out into the 10 ring (w/ the Zero caps). The Nosler caps were noticibly tighter, especially at 50 yds. I still have a lot of work to do at 50 yds, but with a 10 shot group and at a cadence on par with something you'd see witht the Practical, I scored 94 pts (out of the 100 possible) and 4 X's towards the end of the session today w/ the Nosler loads.

Let's slow it down a bit (and shrink the groups while we're at it)...

4.8 gr N320 - ~1175 fps

~1168 fps w/ Nosler 115 JHP :wub:

The 9 of first 10 shots out of the gun today, off-hand at 25 yds landed in the bottom 1/2 of the X-ring, with a flyer out into the 10 ring (w/ the Zero caps). The Nosler caps were noticibly tighter, especially at 50 yds. I still have a lot of work to do at 50 yds, but with a 10 shot group and at a cadence on par with something you'd see witht the Practical, I scored 94 pts (out of the 100 possible) and 4 X's towards the end of the session today w/ the Nosler loads.

BD,

Try 4.5 - 4.6 with the 115's. You'll be glad you did!! :D

I've tried 4.7 and 4.6 gr of N320. Both are giving great accuracy (but there is still too much of me, so it is hard to pinpoint how good this load really is - but my guess is damn fine).

4.7 = ~1150 fps

4.6 = ~1125 fps

I had some cycling issues at 4.6, so I bumped it back up to 4.7 and it does the trick. Soft, but not sluggish. It even works that heavy pig of mine weakhand (4.6 wouldn't). I still haven't shot it off of a rest (b/c I can't find mine), but 8/10 are inside the 10 ring (and half of those are in the X ring), the other two land 8's <_< when shooting prone and a Practical type cadence (1.2-1.5 splits-ish *guess*).