Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

200gr 40 Precision Bullet Load With N310....

Helmut

just got back from the range......

Precision 200gr

1.24" in STI 5"

n310 = 3.8grs

870fps average....

could probably go down to 3.5 or 3.6 and still make major.....i have been using n310 with 200gr montana golds oal 1.2" and are nice...

Helmut, you can do what you want, but I wont load 310 with Jacketed 200s again. I was safe, worked up the load at 1.200 with WSR, etc...Shot a couple of thousand with no problem, went to the Nationals.....Had a case blow in the middle of the stage, gun cycled and chambered another round and I completed the stage...... :blink: Good thing I only had two stages left and the ammo went into the cooler. Talk about pucker factor..... :ph34r: I am waiting for a cool day this spring to burn the rest up. Did I find the one bad case in the bunch....dont know, but with lead you SHOULD be OK..... :unsure: I wouldnt do it, but that is up to you. I now use 320 with 165s and couldnt be happier. There is a point of diminishing returns, and I found it for me. Aint worth it to me, but do what you need to do. Regards, DougC

I would not load N310 under a jacketed anything, frankly (in 40 at major that is). Some other local guys are running 4.4gr N310 under a jacketed 200. I used 3.9gr under a coated (Master Blaster) 180 to make the same PF, admittedly from a 6" barrel. In my gun, with the 180s, I got pierced primers at 4.4gr, so....

I'm back to using N320. I don't like it as much, but I'm trying 165s and I didn't think N310 was really viable for that application. I've got 8lbs of it though for loading 9mm minor so maybe I'll give it another try sometime. I do believe it is safe, but not at the levels some folks are running.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...