Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weather On Match Day

boo radley

It seems an axiom that the more one REALLY REALLY wants to a shoot a particular match, the more likely it will be that it will be rained/snowed/iced out. :(

Last two matches, every single day has been beautiful except, of course, Saturday morning. And beautiful afterwards. <sigh> Not really a "hate" thing, and it sounds stupid to whine about, but man...

i'm faced with that tomarrow. It is rainy and snowy right now, and it's supposed to be 27 tonight. We have Steel Challnege to set up at 7 AM. We are deciding on even setting up. But here is the kicker. Our club has only cancelled 2 matches in 14 years. We have about 30+ matches a year. If I cancel, then I'm known as "that guy who cancelled February's match". I cancelled one a year ago and caught hell.

It's a hard decision to make. Ridicule vs. Fender

I'll make the decision at 6 AM. :(

i'm faced with that tomarrow. It is rainy and snowy right now, and it's supposed to be 27 tonight. We have Steel Challnege to set up at 7 AM. We are deciding on even setting up. But here is the kicker. Our club has only cancelled 2 matches in 14 years. We have about 30+ matches a year. If I cancel, then I'm known as "that guy who cancelled February's match". I cancelled one a year ago and caught hell.

don't cancel, just don't show up.

lynn "the fair weather shooter" jones

It looks like snow here for my steel match as well. My decision will be which color to paint the targets. Call it "Cold Steel" and avoid the ridicule! :D