Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Connector Bar Replacement

John K

I have been trigger tuning on my G35. It's the easiest gun I have ever seen to take apart and put together. You can take the trigger bar out in about 30 seconds once you have the frame in hand. You need a 1/16" puch to push out the pins (no hammer needed on mine).

Push out the pin above the trigger pin. wiggle the slide release lever and push out the trigger pin. Use a screwdriver to lever out the slide "catch block" piece. push out the rear pin that holds the striker assy in and it all lifts out (trigger stays attached to the trigger bar).

There's a thread around here somewhere that directed me to the sites with illustrated info. I think Glockmeister.com is one of them.

I have a G17 and would like to install a 3.5lb connector bar.

How difficult a task is this?

I am not all thumbs, can i do it myself?

John

Yes.

Remove the slide, remove the trigger pin, remove the slide stop, remove the trigger housing pin, slide the trigger assembly out of the gun, pull the trigger bar tab from beneath the ejector, push the old connector out, put the new connector in, re-position the trigger bar tab beneath the ejector and reinstall the assembly in the gun.